My teaching methods include personalized methods of comprehension and include various visual and audio aids to ensure that learners across the board can be met where they are. I base my class on engagement and compassion. I know how hard English can be, and for that I attempt to rely heavily on my learnings of compassion and commitment. My hope to aid ESL students, and non-ESL learners who are attempting to find strength and comfort through English (both written and oral) as I did.
I am a MSW student at Our Lady of the Lake University currently and an English Teaching Fellow as of late! I've wanted to branch out and see who I can help academically during this unique time! I received my B.S at the University of Texas at Austin in Youth and Community Studies (Minors in Sociology and Social Work). I'm an refugee immigrant who came to the states at the age of three, and found solace in reading books and creative writing!
Rates may vary by location!
Attain a Graduate level degree in Social Work from Our Lady of the Lake University.
Attain a social work license and utilize it to help at risk and minority communities and individuals.
Attain a position in which a background of Youth and Community Studies can be applied to include social work principles and practices.
High School Diploma / Lanier High School / August 2009- June 2013
Bachelor’s Degree (Bachelor’s of Science- ALD)/ UT-Austin/ July 2013- December 2017
GPA: 3.0 (Cumulative), 3.6 (Youth and Community Studies-Major)
Master’s Degree (MSW)/ Our Lady of the Lake University / January 2018-February 2020
Texas School for the Blind / August-December 2016 / College Prep
• Assisted students in the ACC and college application process and helped with accessing disability services. Aided in future planning including academic and beyond.
Con Mi Madre / August-December 2017 / Non-Profit Organizer
• Assists non-profit organization in finding donors for events, compiling scholarship & donor resources for Latinx students and parents. Aided in agency events (including financial literacy seminars and college and career fairs).
Nanny / March 2016- June 2019 /
• Built a bond with the whole Corrie family while helping to raise two children. Helped facilitate early education and development for both children using lesson planning, theory application, collaboration and assessment.
Adoption Advocates / January 2019-August 2020 / Graduate level intern of Adoption Services
• Helped to facilitate the adoption process for adoptive families and expectant parents.
• Assisted agency in overall workings including: Case Assessments process, Home-Study approval and construction, providing information to the community members about adoption (both placing a child and adopting), helped construct a confidentiality form for the agency regarding technology use and disclosure, and helped facilitate correspondences between the agency, birth/expectant parents and adoptive families.
• Provided services for expectant mothers including: budgeting information, goal counseling, transportation to doctor visits and hospital induction, as well as maintaining interactions among incarcerated birth fathers and birth mothers working with the agency.
• Provided services for adoptive families including: Transracial adoption information, overall information about the adoption process at AAI, facilitated a post-placement visit and a post-placement counseling group, provided expectant mothers medical records to adoptive families after obtained from doctors’ offices or hospitals.
Discovery Behavioral Health / August 2019- August 2020 / Adol. Mental Health Counselor
• Provide a therapeutic environment for adolescents ages 11-17 with mental health diagnosis’.
• Lead daily groups in which clients can learn valuable lessons in coping and behavior management.
• Assist clients in daily living in residential environment by providing support and encouragement.
• Help facilitate daily: intakes, medication management, outings, school work, groups and peer/staff engagement.
Austin Achieve High School / August 2020- Current / English Teaching Fellow
• Aid in Freshman English curriculum delivery in high school classroom setting (virtual and in-person).
• Fill in for absentee teachers and provide curriculum to students across subject(s).
Crisis Text Line / August 2020- Current / Crisis Counselor
• Aids in De-escalation of crisis situations through virtual approach.
• Provide safety planning, local resource information, active rescue aid and coping skills to texters in crisis.
Proficiency in Microsoft word, power point, and excel
Typing speed: 70 words per minute
Strengths: Forward thinking, independently motivated, team contributor, organized, efficient, and involved
Training: CPI/CPR, De-escalation, group facilitation
Bilingual: English and Serbo-Croatian
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$19||$17|