The most important thing for me is for my students to have fun while learning. I always make sure to make my lessons informational with the topic of the day, but if they aren't having fun with acting then my jobs not done!
I always start with a warm up, but this is why I have a game that goes with every lesson. The game is fun, but also helps my students to put the lesson into practice. I always start with improv as I believe improvisation is the base for developing strong actors!
Currently I teach at Barbizon school of modeling and acting. I have taught at dance studios and used to be the assistant director of a theater camp for two summers. I have a BA in Theater and a minor in music from Indiana University of PA.
Willing to do group lessons as well which would be $15 for an hour and a half.
Bachelor of Arts: Theater, Minor in Music, Graduation: 2018, Indiana University of Pennsylvania GPA: 3.31, Cum Laude
APO Member and Executive Board -Public Relations, Theater Department Advisory Board, Phi Eta Sigma, Residence Hall Council Member
Teacher, 02/1/2020 to Present Barbizon School for Acting/Modeling, New York, New York
● Lead and create acting and voice classes and workshops
● Manage and co-teach classes with 10 or more students
Education Apprentice, 02/2019 to 04/2019, P earlarts Studios (Staycee Pearl) Pittsburgh PA
● Choreographed dances to teach at after school and charter school programs.
● Supported other teachers with their after school classes.
Camp Assistant Director, Summer 2014 and 2015, Totem Pole Playhouse, Fayetteville PA
● Assistant director for three different theater camps: Children, Teen, and Improvisation
● Responsible for children ages 7-17
Instructor, 09/2012 to 06/2015, Step By Step Dance Studio, Chambersburg PA
● Taught theater and musical theater classes for ages 7-12
● Substitute teacher for dance classes when needed
Usher, 03/01/20 to 03/21/20, Stomp, Off-Broadway, New York, New York
● Directed people to their seats and Monitored patrons
● Clean up theater before and after performances
Balloon Artist/Magician, 07/2018 to 01/2019, Magic On The Run, Pittsburgh, PA
● Traveled to different events and venues putting on balloon art and magic shows for families.
● Demonstrated magic skills and balloon art.
Zoom Video call, Excel, Sales experience, Customer service for 5+ years, Microsoft word, Mac and PC computers.
acting lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest improvisational theater lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, musical theater lessons for all!
Taking playwriting lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$19|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$95|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$190|