I tutor to high school through college level students. I approach each lesson anticipating to have students be fully engaged by building upon what they already know up to the material they need to know. I use visuals and diagrams to help students visualize processes. Complex topics are broken down into digestible pieces, and then put together with the student's help to reveal the connections that make up the larger topic.
I graduated with a Bachelor's in English literature and Russian. Following university, I taught English abroad for a year and a half, where I taught up to 40 students. I returned stateside, and began pre-medical studies. I am currently a TA for a molecular biology class, where I tutor small groups and one-on-one in introductory chemistry and biology.
Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 2013- 2017
Bachelor of Arts, English
Minor in Russian Language and Literature
• Summa Cum Laude GPA 3.89
Santa Monica College, Santa Monica, California 2019-current
Additional Post-Baccalaureate Coursework
Biology, Chemistry, and Physics
• GPA 4.00
Santa Monica College July 2020 - current
• Led multiple weekly tutor sessions
• Created original class content for review sessions
Ronald Reagan UCLA Emergency Department May 2019-current
• Accompanied physician during patient consultations and assisted in recording patient history and physical exam findings into the electronic medical record
• Meticulously reviewed all charts to improve consistency, quality and completeness
Fulbright Scholar to the Kyrgyz Republic 2018 – 2019
International Institute of Education
• Prepared and taught lessons for university students in Osh, Kyrgyzstan
• Engaged local culture with the overarching goal of exchange between Kyrgyz and American culture
• Led several local teacher trainings with a focus in internet literacy
WTBU Radio, Boston, MA: 2013 – 2017
Radio DJ and Magazine Editor-in-Chief
• Editor-in-chief, coordinator, layout editor, & content contributor for music magazine "The Beat", made available to students and Boston community members
Progenabiome/Ventura Clinical Trials, Ventura, CA: Summer 2020
Research Assistant: A Study of Quintuple Therapy to Treat COVID-19 Infection
-Compiled and recorded data from EKG reads of enrolled subjects
-Spoke with study participants and recorded routine follow up data
- Compiled boxes with trial materials to send to study participants
- Comprehensive understanding and use of inDesign, basic understanding and use of Photoshop, Mac, PC, Microsoft office proficient
- Proficient in Russian language
- EMT certified - NREMT certification number: E3455367
algebra lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, other sciences lessons for all!
Taking natural sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$17|
|5 hours||Not available||$100||$85|
|10 hours||Not available||$200||$170|