I believe that teaching is a two-way process where the teacher learns from the student as much as the student does from the teacher. My teaching philosophy centers on the belief that if the concepts are presented clearly and interactively, it can kindle the interest of the students, encourage individual exploration and strengthen intuitive reasoning skills. At the beginning of any course, be it introductory or advanced, I plan to present the big picture- Why is learning this course important? What are some everyday applications that utilize concepts from this course? My course structure will include numerous examples and exercises presented during the class.
I am Research Scientist with over 15 years of academic experience. I have taught courses in Engineering Math, Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics and have majored in Computational Physics and Mechanical Engineering. Last few years, I have also applied these concepts to problems in Biotechnology. I have also mentored numerous undergraduate, graduate students and scholars over the years.
1. Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA (Dec 2009).
2. M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN (June 2004).
3. B.E., Mechanical Engineering, Osmania University, Hyderabad, India (June 2002).
4. Genetics & Genomics Professional Certification, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA (In Progress).
My work featured in popular press:
1. Between Micro and Macro
2. The Thick and Thin of Antibody Therapies
1. Teaching Assistant for Engg. Math, Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics courses for undergrad and grad Students.
2. Mentored numerous undergrad, grad and postdoctoral scholars over the years in their research work.
3. Led the research group at Univ. of Chicago comprising of 15 students and scholars for my advisor and mentored them in their work.
4. Strong background in Applied Math, Physics(Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Statistical Physics) and Physical Chemistry with research experience.
5. Strong background in setting up research projects, literature survey, design, analysis and post-processing data and presentation of results.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest trigonometry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, geometry lessons for all!
Taking thermodynamics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$15|