My teaching method is to start from the very basic level and take one step at a time. I help students develop critical problem- solving skills so that they can apply fundamental principles to solve practical problems on their own.
I have a BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering and PhD in Aerospace Engineering and tutoring freshmen and sophomore year students since 2015 and helped them achieved their desired grades. By profession, I am a researcher in computational fluid dynamics.
If the distance I will have to travel to teach is more than 12 miles, I will charge an extra cost based on the total miles per trip.
My prices are negotiable based on students learning level and interests.
• Mentored a group of five undergraduate students in the Design, Build and Fly competition. They secured 2nd position in the competition. (August 2016 – May 2017)
• Tutored several undergraduate students in Math, Physics, Heat Transfer, Fluid Dynamics, Aerodynamics, Introduction to Atmospheric Flights, and Computational Fluid Dynamics.
• Write educational blogs during free time on LinkedIn and my website about numerical methods
Wichita State University, Wichita, KS, USA
Doctor of Philosophy, Aerospace Engineering, 2020
Dissertation Advisor: Dr Klaus A. Hoffmann
Amity University, Noida, India
Master of Technology, Automobile Engineering, 2014
Rajiv Gandhi Technological University
Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, 2008
Computational Fluid Dynamics
Introduction to Atmospheric Flights
June 2020 – September 2020 Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Department of Aerospace Engineering
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX, USA
August 2016 – May 2020 Graduate Research Assistant
Department of Aerospace Engineering
Wichita State University
Wichita, KS, USA
December 2013 – May 2014 Research Intern
Automotive Air-Conditioning R&D Division
Sanden Vikas India Limited
• Sharma., V., and Hoffmann, K.A., “Solution of Maxwell’s Equations Using Fourth-Order Modified Runge-Kutta Scheme on Transformed Coordinates,” 2020 AIAA SciTech Forum, Orlando FL, AIAA 2020-2155, January 2020.
• Sharma, V., “Numerical Solution of Maxwell’s equations on transformed coordinates for non-rectangular electromagnetic applications,” Ph.D. Dissertation, Wichita State University, May 2020.
• Sharma, V., and Hoffmann, K.A., “Solution of Maxwell’s Equations for Non-Rectangular Electromagnetic Applications,” AIAA Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, Published Online 18 September 2020.
Design and analysis of a Golf Club Driver using ANSYS-Fluent
Experimental Evaluation of Aerodynamic Properties of a subscale delta wing race car
Pressure Measurement on Upper Surface of subscale car model inside the wind tunnel
CAD designing and analysis of automated wheel-chair
AWARDS & GRANTS
Special Research Fellowships – Student Travel September 2019
Awarded by - Graduate School, Wichita, State University, Wichita, KS
Conference Travel Grant November 2019
Awarded by - Student Government Association, Wichita, State University, Wichita, KS
2017 Lee and Carolyn Riley Distinguished Graduate Assistantship May 2017
Awarded by - Wichita State University Libraries, Wichita, KS
Shocker Innovation Corps January 2017
Awarded by - WSU Ventures and National Science Foundation (NSF) I-Corps
Best Student Internship Project August 2013
Amity University, for Internship at Tata Motors, India
Passed with Distinction in MS degree June 2014
Amity University, India
engineering lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest mechanical engineering lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, aeronautics lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$15||$15|
|5 hours||Not available||$65||$75|
|10 hours||Not available||$125||$150|