My teaching philosophy is that I believe all students have the potential to achieve the highest academic success. I will utilize the active learning techniques I learned to make my lessons engaging and entertaining. As a tutor, I think patience is key for effective teaching.
I am a postdoc in Rockefeller University. I have a PhD in Biomedical Sciences from University of Massachusetts Medical School. I am certified by Rockefeller University for science teaching and I have taught 60 community college students biology this year.
PhD, Biomedical Sciences, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA. Mar. 2016
Bachelor of Science, Biology, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China. June 2009
High School Diploma, Yingkou High School, Yingkou, China, Sept 2002 ~ June 2005
Mentor, Summer Science Research Program for high school students, The Rockefeller University. Summer 2018
• Teaching the principles of scientific research and basic laboratory techniques to a high school junior.
• Interacting with high school students in the program through networking activities.
Temporal Adjunct Assistant Professor, General Biology Lab (BIO 109 Section 84 and Section 111), Borough of Manhattan Community college. Spring 2018
• Designed appropriate lesson plans based on the students in each class.
• Tracked student assignments, attendance and graded quizzes.
Certified in Undergraduate Science Teaching, The Rockefeller University, Weill Cornell Medicine and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY. Jan. 2017
• Gained understanding on how students learn.
• Practiced lesson planning and active learning techniques.
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking microbiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|