My methodology focuses on Communication and active participation with a strategic approach and the learner in the center of the process. The activity is always the type of do-it-on your own under the guidance and tutoring while the learner goes through the process of constructing and reconstructing and the ultimate goal is personal growth and critical thinking.
I am a language professor and teacher trainer, and I have been teaching English or Spanish at all levels for over 30 years. An educator who brings experience for living in different countries. I have always achieved excelent results or
MAYRA S HERNANDEZ
13431 SW, 6th ST, Miami, FL. 33184/ C: (concealed information)/ (concealed information)
Email: (concealed information)
Attentive, highly organized experienced Teacher with excellent communication skills. Organized and driven with the innate ability to stay on task. Innovative and also driven to pay attention to different learning styles and strategies. Effective in the use of different methods of teaching while focusing on the individual needs of the student. Educational researcher in the field of strategic learning.
● Lesson planning expertise.
● Hands-on experience in language teaching.
● Working knowledge of foreign languages and learning-teaching strategies.
● Remarkable ability to maintain good sense of humor and patience.
● Excellent organizational, administrative and conflict solving skills.
● Computer literate. Common core knowledge.
● Conflict resolution skills.
● Classroom management skills. Resource management.
● Academic performance evaluation. IP familiarity.
● Involved in facilitating cultural awareness and physical, emotional and social growth.
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Education and Training
• Official Statement of status of Eligibility: Statement of Eligibility in World Language- Spanish ( GRADES K-12).
• Registered Behavior Technician, Learning with ABA, INC. Miami, Florida, November 2017.
• 1999 Project submitted to the Scientific Board of the Faculty of Foreign Languages at Havana University and in collaboration with the UNESCO Chair and centre for improvement of Higher Education. “Strategic Learning in a Foreign Language, a Theoretical Approach on Teacher Training”. It was approved by the Academy of Science in Havana. Year 1999.
• 1997 Master of Science in Higher Education: Language and Research. University of Havana － Havana, Havana, Cuba "Strategic Learning in a Foreign Language: Reflection of a trained-trainer Professor"
• Diploma in Teaching English as a Foreign Language : English language and Teaching Methods for International Teachers, Ottawa, 1997.
• TEFL Teacher-Trainer, McGill University and the University of Havana, Cuba 1993.
● 1993 Associate of Arts: Teaching English. Autonomous University of Yucatan － Merida, Yucatan, Mexico equivalent to 12 courses of graduate study in Teaching English as a Second Language and related coursesat a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the United States.
● 1979 Bachelor of Science: English Language. Translation and Interpretation (English/ Spanish) University of Havana, Havana, Cuba
September, 2018 Teaching English Composition, Oral Communication and Ethics, ASI college, Hialeah, Miami.
August, 2017 to January 2018 Assistant Director, inlingua Language School, Key Biscayne, Fl.
March, 2018 to May 2018 Assistant Director, inlingua Language School, Brickell,
June, 2017 to present English Teacher, inlingua Language School, Key Biscayne, FL Summer Camp Program Kids (7-9)
August, 2016 to June, 2017, Second Grade Teacher, HMV Academy, Cinderella School- Hialeah, FL
March, 2016 to May 2017, Adjunct Instructor, CBT College, College of Business and Technology, Miami, FL
January 2009 to June, 2016 Owner, Principal and Language Consultant. Mayset.es Academia de Inglés, Madrid, Spain
• Planning yearly, weekly and daily lessons and objectives.
• Professional Training and TESOL international exam administration.Participating in ongoing staff training sessions.
• Reported student progress through report cards and in person.
• Monitoring student progress through assignments, projects, examinations, music and art.
June, 2005 to June, 2009 English Teacher, The English Workshop, Madrid, Spain Teacher of after school English training for different levels and needs.
October, 2001 to June, 2005 English and Spanish Teacher, Madrid, Spain
• Taught language courses to executives from different companies and organizations.Carefully complied with companies’ trainees and their language development and performance.
October, 1978 to June, 1999 University Professor, Faculty of Foreign Languages, Havana, Cuba
• Taught Translation and English for Specific Purposes courses.Achieved high-level educational standards by doing educational research on Strategic learning and teacher training programs.
• Accomplished important collaborations with Carleton University in Ottawa and Mc Gill University in Montreal.
Visiting Professor, Teacher Training Programs at UADY, Autonomous University of Yucatan, Mexico and Private University Of Manizales in Colombia.
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|