I firmly believe in student centered learning and development of independent problem solving methods. I teach with real world application and 21st century skills as a focus. Education is forever changing and educators must be able to meet students with the demands of our current learning environment.
December 1st, 2020
My name is Jim Myers and I am a Pennsylvania state certified teacher currently looking for opportunities as a tutor. I am an alumnus from Downingtown East High School, Lionville Middle School and Pickering Valley Elementary. I graduated from Temple University in 2015 with a finance degree and began my career in Chicago, IL. I worked as a financial analyst in my first role then took a position in King of Prussia, PA where performed financial analysis and decision support for hospital systems.
In 2018 I made the decision to change my career and enrolled in Temple University's Graduate Education program. I spent time student teaching in Downingtown West High School's business department during my required field experience. Next, I graduated with a 4.0 in 2019 and immediately began teaching (K-4) Technology in Exton, PA. I most recently served as instructional technology coordinator and a business/technology teacher at a private academy near Philadelphia.
I am currently looking for a full-time teaching role closer to the Chester Springs. I am interested in any teaching or tutoring opportunities in the interim. I hold PA certifications (K-12) in: 1) Business, Computers & Information Technology, 2) Technology Education, 3) Marketing Education and 4) Library Science. I am also a Level 2 Google Certified Educator. My goal is to help your student or group navigate a challenging virtual environment while providing additional instruction and a more individualized learning experience. I am also available for test prep and specific subjects for high school students.
Any certifications or clearances are available upon request. I look forward to hearing from you and helping your child learn and excel.
$30-50 per hour depending on grade/subject
James M. Myers
611 Winfield Way Chester Springs, PA 19425 (concealed information) ((concealed information))
Summary of Qualifications
• Analytical and creative thinker who enjoys challenges and finding solutions to complex issues
• Energized by taking on new and multifaceted assignments
• Active mentor who develops problem solvers using active learning and deductive reasoning
Temple University – Graduate School of Education – M.Ed. – PA Certifications in 1) Business, Computers, and Information Technology, 2) Technology Education and 3) Distributive Education – 4.0 GPA May 2019
Temple University - Fox School of Business – B.B.A Finance - 3.6 Major, 3.45 cumulative GPA July 2015
Gwynedd Mercy Academy Elementary – Instructional Technology Coordinator/Teacher September 2020 – Present
• Led schoolwide implementation of new LMS (Schoology) and provided staff training
• Developed and enhanced technology spiral technology curriculum for grades K-5
• Enacted grade level and schoolwide expectations for technology integration and use of LMS
• Designed technology lifecycle plan and created model to integrate educational technology into curriculum
Collegium Charter School – Technology Teacher (K-4) – Exton, P August 2019 – September 2020
• Developed spiral curriculum for grades K-4 utilizing wide spectrum of ISTE technology skills
• Prepared, planned, and delivered lessons fully integrated with technology through G-suite
• Incorporated cross curricular content into class lessons and software application skills
Downingtown West High School - Student Teacher –– Downingtown, PA Jan 2019 - May 2019
• Collaborated with exceptional teacher to improve curriculum design and delivery for high school students
• Co-taught Entrepreneurship, Intro to Business, Finance & Investment, Accounting and Sports Marketing
Substitute Teacher Service – Teacher - Lancaster County and Chester County, PA Jan 2018 – May 2019
• Gained valuable classroom experience and student management techniques across multiple grades and schools
Universal Health Services – Decision Support Analyst - King of Prussia, PA August 2016 - July 2017
• Allocated costs to accurately reflect hospital operations for acute care facilities
• Measured profitability and efficiency of facilities, service lines and physicians through direct margin analysis
• Assessed operational efficiency of hospitals through evaluation of patient length of stay data and observation rates
Northern Trust – Financial Control Analyst - Chicago, IL August 2015 - July 2016
• Led implementation of regulatory reporting service for equity short positions, long equity ownership and takeover filings in excess of determined threshold to ensure compliance within foreign jurisdictions: Germany, France, Netherland, Japan etc.
• Reconciled and investigated fund data to identify possible breaks resulting from variances in operating expenses, security prices, subscription and redemption amounts and timing differences
• Instructed downstream teams of appropriate treatment for vendor invoices including legal, audit, director and custody payments to ensure correct inclusion in the sub ledger and accurate Net Asset Value calculation
SEI Investments - Intern - Oaks, PA June - August 2013 & 2014
• Developed and honed business skills which included public speaking, project management, business writing and collaboration
• Pennsylvania Business Education Association
• National Business Education Association
• Philadelphia First Tee – Drive Program Mentor
Skills: Microsoft Office Expert, Google Level 2 Certified Educator, Data Aggregation & Reconciliation, Public Speaking & Effective Communication
Interests: Philadelphia sports enthusiast! Educational technology, Financial Markets Avid golfer, Dog lover, Skiing and Outdoors
Academic tutoring close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest Homework help to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, methodology lessons for all!
Taking high school entrance exam lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|