First, I generally assess a student's knowledge by watching them solve a problem. Through this, I am able to identify problem areas and knowledge gaps. I aim to teach students how to think, forming a methodology that can be applied to multiple types of problems. My teaching style tends to be direct, cerebral, and interactive. I am for student success by giving them the tools necessary for academic success.
Experienced, high tier tutor with a demonstrated history in the standardized testing (SAT/ACT) industry. Professional school subject/SAT/ACT tutor for 4+ years at Comprehensive College Prep. Third year biological sciences major with a perfect GPA. Can tutor virtually any math or science subject, with an emphasis on biology and general/organic chemistry.
University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA June 2022
B.S. in Biological Sciences
Cumulative 4.0 GPA, Science 4.0 GPA
Aliso Niguel High School, Aliso Viejo, CA June 2018
4.68 GPA, 33 ACT
Comprehensive College Prep, Subject Tutor, SAT/ACT Tutor, Mission Viejo, CA Oct. 2016 – Present
● SAT/ACT Tutor
o Individually prepared 40 high school students for college entrance exams (SAT/ACT)
● Subject Tutor
○ Provided weekly tutoring to 50 high school students tutoring in AP Biology, Chemistry, AP
Language and Composition, AP Literature, Algebra, Trigonometry, and AP Calculus AB/BC
Charles Glabe Lab, Undergraduate Researcher, Irvine, CA Sep. 2019 – Present
● Performed immunofluorescent staining on brain tissue to test for the presence of amyloid plaques, a
correlate of Alzheimer’s disease
● Anesthetized and euthanized mice before performing surgery to harvest organs of interest
New University Newspaper, Opinion Writer, Irvine, CA Sep. 2018 – June 2019
● Wrote opinion pieces regarding mental health, bioethics, and cultural appropriation
By Any Means, UCI, Vice President, Co-President, Irvine, CA Jan. 2019 – Present
● Organized a donation drive of 150+ hygiene kits/clothing items, distributed to The Courtyard shelter
● Fundraised $2133 for Friendship Shelter
● Recognized by UCI COVP for Outstanding Philanthropic Initiative and Executive Board of the Year
● Corresponded with 25+ local shelters, organizing volunteer opportunities
● Prepared/served 500+ meals at various local homeless shelters/soup kitchens
Language: English (fluent), Vietnamese (basic), French (basic)
Technical: Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Google Suite, Facebook, Instagram,
Reddit, IMF Staining, Brain Slicing (Vibratome), Rodent Euthanasia, Blood Fractionation
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$40|