My teaching methodology depends on the needs of the student. Since each student is unique in their requirements for success, I meet with every student and determine how they learn best and what they need to accomplish. Using this data and information, I design a course that is suitable for them.
I am an English teacher with five years of experience, currently in Cleveland public schools looking to help struggling students succeed, challenge gifted students, aid creative students with creative writing ideas or help prepare students for tests. I have helped many students formerly failing gain access to college.
• Dedicated multilingual young professional licensed in AYA language arts for the grades of 7th-12th.
• 6 years of experience instructing school-aged children all grades under license.
• Experience creating innovative, engaging lesson plans following standards set forth by the Ohio Department of Education.
• Proven excellence in classroom management techniques, implementation, and facilitation.
• Fluent in Russian and proficient in Spanish.
Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
Bachelor of Science in Integrated Language Arts Education (7th-12th grades), December 2012
Minor: Russian Language GPA: 3.6
Summit Educational Group official ACT Tutor Training, English, Reading, and Writing
English Teacher, High School
Portfolio Network, East Side, Cleveland Metropolitan School District, OH, June 2017-Present
• Taught eleventh grade and ninth grade honors and general English courses to at-risk and IEP Cleveland students.
• Designed and differentiated for general education and honors curriculum through internet, and self created sources.
• Applied culturally relevant approach to diversity and social justice guided critical thinking skills.
• Spear-headed newly founded mentorship program through leading the mentorship committee for the eleventh grade.
• Generated school procedures and strategies through participation on school culture team.
• Collaborated with School Quality Review through participation on the Instructional Strategies Team to design teacher led professional development to introduce more effective academic strategies to the school.
• Studied trauma training and allocated trauma-based classroom instruction, restorative and behavioral strategies to staff members
• Created cross curricular anchor performance tasks and units with social studies. Anchor performance tasks promoted standards of both classes along with social justice model.
• Established student-led anti-bullying club based on proven peer mediation models.
• Analyzed and collated academic data as ninth grade representative on the Building Leadership Committee to drive work of Teacher Based Team data research and classroom execution.
• Grew innovative design of new small school models through mastery, grid method and backwards instructional design.
• Explored successful schools in high poverty urban communities through school visits for implemental strategies in school culture and cross-curricular alignment.
• Integrated core values into creation of new and modernized vision and mission statements of school in purpose of influencing school culture.
English Teacher, TRIO Upward Bound
Baldwin Wallace University, Berea, OH, June 2016-2018
• Taught enrichment English courses to ninth through twelfth grade Cleveland Metropolitan School District Students.
• Generated high level academic discussion relating Shakespearean literature to current day social issues.
• Incorporated modern media, poetry and other literary arts into traditional study of Shakespeare.
• Designed engaging standardized test aligned activities to guide students in preparation for the ACT and SAT.
• Devised current and socially relevant multi-media analysis of current urban issues such as police brutality and social activism centering around novel.
• Crafted ACT aligned test materials with specific academic plans and instruction.
English Teacher, Middle School
New Day Academy, Cleveland, OH August 2016-Present
• Taught sixth, seventh and eighth grade English Language Arts courses to at-risk and IEP Cleveland students.
• Generated and introduced brand new Standardized test and common core aligned curriculum to English Department and classroom.
• Cooperated and strategized methods to integrate students with behavioral IEP goals to reach success in classroom.
• Created modified and differentiated instruction to satisfy needs and IEPs of diverse body of students.
• Incorporated diverse forms of literature ranging from Russian ballets, African American poetry and traditional Latin folktales.
• Maintained strong communication with parents, co-workers and special department.
Private tutoring, State Test Prep, Solon, Ohio, April 2019
Estrela Consulting, Reading and Math Instructor, Hudson, Ohio, April 2015
Kumon Learning Center, Reading Instructor, Solon, Ohio, April- December 2013
reading lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking Test prep has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|