Bachelors in science from PSU Portland State University.
On pre-medical track. I have done many courses in education, psychology, Science and Language.
dynamic Education that allows me to help the student in many facets of education to meet their needs and improve their skills to reach success in the subject.
I Have 6 years of experience in teaching and education.
I am great with kids and reaching them in multiple educational tactics to help them learn their potential and reach it according to their learning style.
I am proud to have been able to teach in multiple countries in Asia the Middle East and the United States of America.
I will help you or your child reach their goals guaranteed.
A dedicated professional with over 10 years of experience in administration, instruction and customer service. Worked in multiple organizations and taught different subjects in multiple countries. Excellent communicator, Knowledgeable of cultural/ age dynamics as to close work with families and students of different backgrounds. High concentration and attention to detail, goal oriented and energetic. Great marketing skills. Ability to create goals and achieve them. Strong motivation to support goals of institution I work for.
Mentor/Teacher. Fusion Academy, Plano.
October 2015 - Current
• Mentored students’ success through the learning process and through life situations.
• Offered personalized and unique management of One-on-One teaching sessions that was modified to hone in on personal strength of students and support weakness.
• Taught high school level, Math/Biology/Chemistry and Earth Science.
Owner and Manager of In Home Preschool. Leap Start Daycare and Preschool.
(Frsico, TX) August 2014 -May 2015
• Opened an in home daycare licensed by the Department of Texas Child and Family Protective Services
• Managed all legal and daily necessary documents for the Preschool.
• Created a beginner literacy program ages 2-5
• Had 5 children registered
• provided all necessary items, meals, toys and developmental equipment to aid in the healthy care of children
Head of English Department/English Teacher ▪ Ibn Rush’d Academy (Amman, Jordan) Shweifat Schools -SABIS (Amman, Jordan) Sep 2010 – June 2012
• Trained in IB Principals for PYP and International Baccalaureate
• Created and planned multiple grades Grid Curriculums plans
• Held weekly meetings to implement IB system and evaluated students’ needs and set solutions with teachers.
• Oversaw Implementation of Academy’s procedures and goals
• Oversaw creation of tests and evaluations
• Parents meetings and follow-ups
Foreign Teacher ▪ Wall Street English (Shanghai, China) June 2009 – May 2010
• Taught English and Business Rhetoric to students ages 16 – 45+
• Lead and organized Social Clubs
• Planned English Corners with topics for interesting discussion to enhance language skills, strengthen bond between teachers and students
• Lead a team of teachers through monthly planning schedules
Tutoring Cafe ▪ University of Louisville (Louisville, Kentucky, USA) August 2007 – June 2008
• Tutored international students with varying levels of language proficiency in different subjects, in group settings and one-on-one
Head Teacher ▪ Arabic Heritage Center (Aloha, Oregon, USA) July 2005 – July 2007
• Taught in Classroom setting two years successively
• Lead/ Taught in Summer Camp Setting in my own classroom and in collaborative classroom with other teachers
• Taught after school ESL class
• Developed the school’s curriculum for the upper intermediate to advanced level students
• Created educational games for several units by encouraging students to use key words repeatedly or specific phrases to get a certain response
• Incorporated and used audio visual multimedia as teaching aids
• Rewarded achievement of and good behavior in students; communicated progress to parents to ensure the student's’ progress is also rewarded at home
• Taught vocabulary lessons by singing and teaching well known songs
• Raised awareness, among students about the differences that exist in culture and language
• Lead the recruiting and training teams
• Organized the summer camp curriculum which consisted of;
• Cultural awareness activities, such as arts and crafts demonstrated by local artists.
• Reading, writing and speaking classes.
• Songs and games that reinforced curriculum and student retention.
• Take-home-activities that encourages parents and children to follow up at home.
• Math and Science strengthening courses.
Agent Assistant ▪ Coldwell Banker Properties (Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA) April 2004 – July 2006
• Assistant real estate agent
• Review documents, selling and buying agreements among buying and selling parties.
• Market Research
• Advertising in local magazines and newspapers
Nurse Assistant ▪ Children’s Community Clinic (Portland, Oregon, USA) December 2006 – June 2007
• Maintained office and patient records
• Ordered medical supplies and materials and organized and maintained the inventory
• Kept billing records: entered financial transactions into bookkeeping ledgers and computed and mailed monthly statements to patients
• Scheduled appointments, receive money for bills, and complete insurance forms
Volunteering and Leadership
Student Activity Leader ▪ Portland State University (Portland, Oregon, USA) October 2006 – June 2007
• Recruited university students and community members to volunteer at community partners
• Planned and coordinated multiple campus-wide service projects
• Attended a weekly credit-bearing class, which focused on leadership development and civic engagement
• Provided training for new members of the Student Leaders for Service committees
Debate Team ▪ University of Louisville (Louisville, Kentucky, USA) November 2007 – May 2008
• Competitively debated economic and political issues as a member of two debate organizations, the NDT- National Debate Tournament and CEDA- Cross Examination Debate Association in nationwide tournaments
• Won 2007 debate tournament against Vanderbilt University
• Promoted a non-competitive style of debate focusing and honing in on current local and global issues
• Proposed solutions that were realistic and sensitive to cultural and ethnic values following the footsteps of the great historical debater Malcolm X
2005-2009 Portland State University (PSU) – Oregon, USA
BSc. – Bachelors in Science
2005-2009 TEFL/TESL Certification – Shanghai, China
Languages - Arabic (Fluent) - English (Fluent) - Chinese (Beginner)
Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Excellent leadership skills. Self-starter. Team player. Excellent communication and presentation skills
References gladly furnished upon request.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, Academic tutoring for all!
Taking Homework help has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|