My teaching method is directly responsive to the students' needs. If a group of students all need help understanding the mechanics of essay writing, I will explain the most important mechanics, give examples, have the students complete a trial assignment, then review it with the students. If students master the main mechanics I would move onto ways to improve the quality of writing, or a new lesson based on what the students want to learn.
I have a Bachelor of Arts in English from UCLA, where I also studied Creative Writing. I have tutored students in elementary school, high school, and college before. I am currently a full-time teacher at a preschool. You can rely on me for everything from full lessons to test prep to proofreading.
Full refund will be given if lesson is cancelled at least 2 hours before start time.
Ariana M Bussio
Sep 2009 – June 2013
Palos Verdes High School GPA: 3.98 unweighted
Palos Verdes Estates, CA 90274
Sep 2013 – June 2017
UCLA: University of California, Los Angeles GPA: 3.88
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1612
Concentration: Creative Writing
Aug 17 – Present
Lead Preschool Teacher
The Goddard School of Marriottsville, MD
• Designed an inquiry-based and child-centered early childhood curriculum and programming that focused on mathematical concepts, cognitive development, pre-literacy skills, science inquiry, social studies, self-help skills, musical exploration, and motor skills development. Addressed children’s needs and taught them to address these needs themselves.
• Completed accurate observations and evaluations of children while maintaining the highest safety and supervision standards.
• Maintained open and positive communication with parents and family members.
Jan 14 – Sept 15
Sept 15 – Sept 16
Sept 16 – June 17
Fitwell Lead Supervisor
UCLA John Wooden Center
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1612
• Developed professional relationships with Fitwell coordinators, department leaders, and recreation vendors.
• Worked with the Fitwell coordinator to hold events and maintain and manage the main office.
• Monitored gym access and served members at the Fitwell front desk by assisting patrons in person, over the phone, and via email.
• Interviewed, trained, supervised, and evaluated a large team of part-time employees (20-30).
• Supervised shifts three to five employees to ensure goals for project completion, daily tasks, and office maintenance were met.
• Ensured safety of participants in the facility. Documented and reported all incidents and accidents.
• Effectively trained staff on customer service, facility procedure, policy, emergency plans, and conflict resolution.
Jan 17 – May 17
Television News Writer
• Researched, wrote, edited, and published compelling, high-quality articles for mxdwn.com.
• Investigated and reported on the most current news by writing new articles every day.
• Embedded relevant images, videos, and tweets to fully and independently complete each article.
• Rewrote and edited according to collaboration with other editors while still meeting 100% of deadlines.
June 16 – August 16
Camp Counselor; Theatre Specialist and Instructor; Art Assistant; Sports Coach
Howard County Recreation and Parks, MD
• At Creative 360 Jr. camp, worked with other instructors to design and implement creative art lesson plans for children ages 6-10.
• As the theatre specialist at Creative 360 (Senior), designed unique theatre lessons for middle and high school students. Taught children ages 12-16 acting, musical theater, dance, and public speaking techniques.
• As sports coach at Planet Recreation, coached campers through various sports activities including kickball, soccer, handball, basketball, lacrosse, bowling, and swimming.
April 16 – August 16
Latin é | Entertainment for the American Latino
• Wrote and rewrote press releases to make them exciting and accessible to targeted audiences.
• Used creative copywriting and digital images to create new articles for each event or news break and published each on the Latin é website daily.
• Met strict daily deadlines for new and refreshing content. Published at least five new articles per week.
Mar 15 – June 17
HOOLIGAN Theatre Company Marketing Team Writer
Los Angeles, CA
• Wrote and published press releases for HOOLIGAN Theatre Company’s quarterly shows like Legally Blonde, Oklahoma! and Our Town, and trained interns to do the same.
• Edited press releases for various newspapers, websites, and online calendars and published them.
• Contributed to regular weekly marketing meetings with new concepts and pitches for marketing campaigns.
April 15 – June 15; Jan 16 – Mar 16
School of Theater, Film, and Television at UCLA
Los Angeles, CA
• Created lesson plans and programs designed to instruct and engage students through the arts. Documented and assessed the value of these programs and the students’ responses and progress.
• Used theatrical, performance art, and visual art techniques and activities in K-12 classrooms to cover education standards.
June 14 - Aug 14
Ranch-hand Vaulting Solo Lead
Bonsall, CA 92003
• As lead of the equestrian vaulting program (dance on horseback); taught, supervised, and coached vaulters of varying skill levels.
• Maintained the program’s curriculum, safety, and quality. Managed the program area, its 3-10 horses, and 3-4 staff members. Catered program and lessons to each diverse and unique group of campers.
• Administered practical vaulting tests and judged higher-level vaulting competitions.
June 13 – Aug 13 / June 14 – Aug 14 / June 15 – Aug 15
Summer Camp Counselor
• For 12 weeks of sleep-away horse camp, cared full time for children (ages 7 to 16) and a variety of animals.
• Taught classes like Animal Science, Riding, Climbing Wall, Swimming, Vaulting, Dance, and Team Building.
• Provided nightly program activities like capture the flag, study group, talent shows, soccer games, and campfires.
Additional Skills and Activities
Writing & Editing
Experienced in AP style, APA style, Chicago Manual of Style, and WordPress. An excellent informational as well as creative writer, able to edit personal work and the work of others for grammar, efficiency, style, cohesiveness, and phrasing.
Final Cut Pro, Adobe, Microsoft Office, all Mac and PC operating systems.
Skill Level: Advanced
Proficient in Spanish. Can communicate, listen, write, and speak.
Ability to film, edit and create a high-quality video of any genre.
Advanced Horsemanship, Riding, and Intermediate Vaulting abilities.
Theater and Dance
Proficient in: jazz, tap, hip hop, lyrical, contemporary, musical theatre, ballet, pointe. Advanced experience with teaching these styles to a variety of ages.
Sept 15 – June 16
Student Leader of Education and Faith Development
University Catholic Center (UCC) at UCLA
Los Angeles, CA 90024
15 – 25 hrs/week
Planned and held weekly Bible Studies, organized constructive and community-building events, and ministered to the needs of the community. Led student leader meetings to ensure efficiency and productivity.
Sept 16 – June 17
University Catholic Center at UCLA
Minister of Community, Sacristan, Psalmist, Cantor, and choir member.
Sep 09 – Mar 12
Mystic Canyon Stable
Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Teaching adults and children ages 5 - 15 about horseback riding and horse care; supervising preparation, classes, and clean up; and taking care of horses and other animals.
Thank you for taking the time to consider my resume. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or for references.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking poetry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$19|