I recently graduated Cum Laude with a degree in Teaching German. I primarily give lessons to K-12 students, however, younger or older students could be excepted on a case by case basis. As a teacher, I am very activity oriented, especially with my younger students, and I rely on the communicative language teaching method which calls for constant speaking in the target language.
I have been tutoring German since high school; starting with my own peers and moving on to teaching basic lessons to K-2 students several days a week. Throughout college I worked as a German tutor first on campus, and then I moved to working in a high school German classroom 4-5 days a week. I recently graduated with my degree in Teaching German.
Middle school and high school rates are $40/hr
K-5 rates are $35/hr
Travel rates apply if location is more than 8 miles from my home.
BACHELOR OF ARTS| MAY 2017 | AUGUSTANA COLLEGE, ROCK ISLAND, IL
· Major: Teaching German
· Illinois Professional Educator License in German K-12, July 2017
· Education program accredited by NCATE and ISBE
STUDY ABROAD| MARCH 2016-JULY 2016| REGENSBURG, GERMANY
· Studied German as a Foreign Language at Universität Regensburg
· Participated in a month-long intensive German course
· Lived independently in the inner city of Regensburg
· Communicated regularly in German
TEACHER’S AIDE/TUTOR | AUGUSTANA COLLEGE/ROCK ISLAND HIGH SCHOOL | SEPTEMBER 2014-FEBRUARY 2017
· Acted as a positive role model for students and colleagues.
· Facilitated tutoring sessions for struggling or behind students.
· Managed classrooms of 7 to 30 high school students during the absence of their teachers.
· Adapted teaching methods and materials to meet students’ varying needs.
· Graded student work to provide feedback.
· Chaperoned German Club Chicago Trip to ensure a safe trip for students.
PLAY PAL | FAMILY MUSEUM OF ARTS AND SCIENCE | SEPTEMBER 2012-MAY 2013
· Sanitized toys and play equipment each day to maintain safety and cleanliness.
· Encouraged good behaviors using the positive reinforcement method.
· Established a safe play environment for the children.
· Organized and engaged in recreational activities such as games and puzzles.
TUTOR | NEIL ARMSTRONG ELEMENTARY | NOVEMBER 2012-MAY 2013
· Taught K-2 students basic German in an after-school setting.
· Collaborated with other tutors on the week’s lesson plans.
· Spoke about the importance of early foreign language education in front of school board.
· Lead students in language demonstration in front of the school board.
Skills & Abilities
· In-depth knowledge of Illinois state standards
· Illinois Single Subject Teaching Credential in German
· Familiar with technology
· Familiar with New Teaching Methods
· Experience in a high school setting including teaching
· Experience teaching German to K-2 Students in an after-school program
· Member of Northern Illinois Chapter of American Association of Teachers of German
· Member of German Honor Society
She is a dedicated language teacher with an excellent understanding of how create lessons. She has much theoretical knowledge through Education courses, complemented by a lot of practical experience in the classroom.
Olivia strives for excellence! She has been challenged throughout her experiences teaching, some of these challenges were difficult. But, these situations have shaped Olivia to be a better teacher. She doesn't give up on her students and wants the very best outcome for them. Olivia' s interest in German is easily conveyed to her students, and makes her lessons more meaningful. It is with great pleasure I recommend Olivia as a teacher.
Olivia is extremely intelligent and able to get her point across regardless of the ability/knowledge of the person she is teaching. She is great one on one and also in groups. She connects with her students and is kind, caring, and interested in their thoughts. She can handle tough students or those who are truly engaged. She knows when to back off if the lesson is not getting across and how to find a different approach if needed to draw the student back in.
german lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - german lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - german lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - german lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$45||Not available|