I base my classes on material that would allow players to understand what is required of them to be successful both on and off the court. It begins with conditioning and continues to the court where team unity is key to the success of any team
I stress mechanics and attention to detail on the court. The expectation is for students to know their role as well as the role of teammates to maximize success. I have won 5 championships as a coach over my career.
Edward F. Wachowicz, Jr.
151 Munsey Place, Manhasset, NY 11030
(concealed information) (Home)
(concealed information) (Cell)
• Professional Certification NY State Education - Biology Grades 7 to 12 (License #(concealed information))
• Professional Certification NY State Education - Business and Marketing Grades 1 to 12 (License #(concealed information))
• Telecommunications Industry Certified Video Engineer, Conferencing/Streaming/Security
Science Teacher, NASSAU BOCES, Freeport High School, Freeport, New York (10/2019 to Present)
• Teaching Regents Earth Science in the BOCES Twilight Program.
Tutor, PREMIER PLUS TUTORING, Syosset, New York and Manhasset, New York locations, (2017 to Present)
• Tutor students in the following subjects: Regents Living Environment, Regents Earth Science, AP Environmental Science, AP Biology
Business Teacher, Roosevelt High School, Roosevelt, New York (02/2018 – 06/2020)
• Leave replacement teacher (Maternity) - Teaching 1 section of ‘Introduction to Business’, 1 section of ‘Introduction to Marketing’ and 6 sections of ‘Business Computer Applications” (course meets every other day).
Science Teacher, Islip High School, Islip, New York (11/2017 - 02/2018)
• Leave replacement teacher (Paternity) teaching Earth Science [3 Sections with Labs}] and an elective course called ‘Natural Disasters’. Continued in the District as a substitute teacher until February 2018.
Science Teacher, Holy Cross High School, Flushing, New York (2016-2017)
• Teaching Regents-Living Environment (Grades 9 and 10) - Adhering to the New York State Standards for Living Environment - Incorporating Common Core Standards for English Language Arts and Mathematics within the curriculum.
Also taught Environmental Science (11th and 12th grades), Introduction to Forensics (11th and 12th), MetaScience (11th and 12th) and Integrated Science (9th grade)
• Utilizing technology within the curriculum to augment teaching lessons using daily lesson plans that integrate state standards focused on multidisciplinary subjects. Ensuring students meet all standards set by the State, school, department and teacher
Science Teacher, SUMMER SCHOOL – BOCES, Oyster Bay High School, Oyster Bay, New York (Summer 2016)
• Teaching Regents Test Preparation - Living Environment and Earth Science for student preparation for the August 2016 tests.
Science Teacher, Hicksville High School, Hicksville, New York (2015-2016)
• Teaching both Regents-Living Environment and Honors-Living Environment - Adhering to the New York State Standards for Living Environment - Incorporating Common Core Standards for English Language Arts and Mathematics within the curriculum. Taught elective Couse “Introduction to Medical Technology”.
• Utilizing technology including the use of Smart Boards, Apple Chrome Books, and Smart Phones with Internet Access to augment teaching lessons. Utilizing daily lesson plans that integrate state standards focused on multidisciplinary subject; ensuring students meet standards set by the State, school, department and teacher
Science Teacher, St. Peter of Alcantara, Port Washington, NY (2009-2015)
• Taught Earth Science (Grade 6), Life Science (Grade 7), Physical Science (Grade 8) Wrap-Around Curriculum Utilizing NY State Science Standards and incorporate emerging STEM standards into the science curriculum
• Science Lead on Successfully Approved 2013 MIDDLE STATES ACCREDITATION Team
• Incorporated Common Core Standards for English Language Arts and Mathematics in the daily science curriculum
• Utilized technology, including Smart Boards, as part of all science curriculum in the classroom and laboratory
• Provided daily assistance to all students with scholastic issues or comprehension
• Provided online instruction (i.e., EXCEL, to enhance students’ laboratory presentations) for all grade levels.
• Enriched students’ experiences by incorporating field trips to science related venues in line with the curriculum.
Adjunct Instructor, LaGuardia Community College, Long Island City, NY (1994-2008)
• Created, developed, and taught the following classes: Data Communications III; Introduction to Video Transport Technology; Introduction to Video Compression Technology
Product Manager & Sales Engineer, Verizon, New York, NY (1985-2007)
• Developed foundation products for Verizon that evolved to FIOS offerings
• Maximized profits by negotiating product development and vendor contracts with Verizon’s Vendor Partner Program
• Utilized knowledge of budgeting, financial forecasting, tariff, operations, technical support, legal and regulatory implications of developing products and services
Master of Science, Education, Molloy College, Rockville Centre, NY
Master of Science, Applied Management, Lesley University, Cambridge, MA
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology (Major)/Biology (Minor), University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI
Additional Classes taken at New York University (Graduate), Boston College, Roger Williams University, Bryant University, Nassau Community College
Pastoral Council Member, Church of Saint Mary, Manhasset, NY (2004-Present)
Member, IAABO Certified High School Basketball Official, New York, NY (1976-Present)
Former Basketball Coach – Grade 8 BOYS, CMMAA, St. Peter of Alcantara School, Port Washington, NY (2012-2015)
Former Assistant Swim Coach – Grade 3-8, QUEENS CYO, St. Anastasia Church, Douglaston, NY (1997-2006)
Member, Knights of Columbus, Father William Daly Chapter, Manhasset, NY (2009-Present)
SmartBoard; Prezi/Powerpoint; EXCEL; SQL; Castle Learning GoGuardian; Google Classroom; Certified AED/CPR First Aid trained
basketball lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$75||$65|
|5 hours||Not available||$107||$325|
|10 hours||Not available||$151||$650|