I believe the best way to learn a language is by first learning the alphabet. The Spanish alphabet is very easy to learn, which leads you to quickly learning how to write in Spanish. Then, I would like to teach the basics along with pronunciation, which might be the most challenging part at first.
Although I am already a native Spanish speaker, I took some advanced Spanish classes in high school and scored high on the final AP exams, proving how I master the language. I am currently in college majoring in bioengineering and minoring in computer science engineering. I have aspirations to work in the medical field in the future.
I will not charge for having to travel if we meet up somewhere public and near my own home but I will charge if it's not in a public place and if I have to travel more than 6 miles. We can discuss these prices further if necessary.
June 2020 a Lehigh University Project about Mathematical Modeling and Syndromic Surveillance of COVID-19 in Pennsylvania
- This project is going to build an integrated surveillance and forecasting system to predict future burden of COVID-19 on the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Scientific Research and Design Internship in Dr. Ahuja’s laboratory at the Audie L. Murphy Memorial VA Hospital June 2018 to August 2019
- Research focuses on the immune system and the progression of HIV/AIDS Health Science Clinical Rotations at University Hospital and Audie L. Murphy Memorial VA Hospital October 2017 to May 2018
- Completion of clinical rotation at University Hospital in the Respiratory Unit and Radiology Unit
- Completion of clinical rotation at Audie L. Murphy Memorial VA Hospital in the Infection Control, Prosthetics, and Internal Medicine Units
Completed four years at Northside Health Careers High School Completed one year at Lehigh University
-Expected to graduate in 2023
Previous Excel software program experience
Previous MATLAB software program experience
Previous Arduino software program experience
Currently learning Python
LEADERSHIP AND EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Lehigh Bioengineering Club Member (2019-2020)
Lehigh Intervarsity - a Christian Fellowship Club - Member (2019-2020) University Productions Club Member at Lehigh University (2019-2020)
Art Club Member (2018-2019)
Phoenix Helping Hands Club Historian (2018-2019)
National Honor Society Recording Secretary (2018-2019)
Texas High School Aerospace Scholars Online Program at NASA Johnson Space Center (2017-2018)
Dance Class Student (2015-2016 and 2017-2018)
Keyboard Class Student (2017-2018)
United Interscholastic league Spelling/Vocabulary (2017-2018) Astronomy Club Member (2017-2018)
Drama Club Member (2017-2018)
Filipino Club Member (2016-2018)
Latin American Club Member (2016-2017) Guitar Class Student (2015-2016)
CPR AND BLS certification in 2017 through the American Heart Association
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
More than 300 hours of volunteer work at the Audie L. Murphy Memorial VA
Hospital Award (2019)
Awarded a Scholarship to Attend the Governor’s Science and Technology Champions’ Academy (2019)
Participated in the Translational Science Research Poster Session (2019)
Awarded Third Place at the Texas State Science Fair (2019)
Awarded Second Grand Place at the Regional State Science Fair (2018)
Advanced Placement Scholar Award (2018)
National Honor Society Member (2017)
Spanish Honor Society Member (2017)
Nanotechnology Summer Course Completion (2017)
Mu Alpha Theta Mathematics Honor Society Member (2016)
2 hours every Friday and Saturday for 8 months, Huebner Creek Rehabilitation Center Volunteer (2018)
● Help the director of the activities coordinator with activities such as assessments for the residents, preparing and assisting at the Easter Party, playing games and motivating the residents to participate, and helping with movie nights.
2 hours every Sunday for 2 months, Kinetic Kids at the TJ’s Dance Factory Volunteer (2018)
● I danced with my assigned child and helped them with following instructions
and encouraging them.
4 hours, SAISD Splash Dash 5k Volunteer (2018)
● I helped with the food station as the runners participating finished and grabbed
6 hours, Transplants for Children Family Holiday Party Volunteer (2018)
● I assisted with the arts and crafts station and the legos station and motivated
the children by giving them ideas.
3.5 hours, Scobee Elementary PTA Spring Carnival (2017)
● I set up the necklace making station, and the fishing bowl and lucky keys
station as families came to participate.
4 hours, Carnahan Elementary Fall Fest Volunteer (2017)
● I helped at the rock climbing and zoo stations as families would participate 2 hours, Garage Sale at Health Careers High School Volunteer (2017)
● I assisted with organizing the donated items for the garage sale at Health
Careers High School.
5 hours, Tech Expo Volunteer (2017 and 2019)
● Helped with the medical technology display as families would pass by to
observe and ask questions.
10 hours, Blazing Gavels Auction Volunteer (2017)
● As a runner, I would run to punch the time for each bidder’s call time.
ADVANCED AND SPECIALTY HIGH SCHOOL COURSES
English IV: Literature and Composition Advanced Placement(12th Grade) Biology Advanced Placement(12th Grade)
Macroeconomics Advanced Placement(12th Grade)
Computer Science 2 Advanced Placement(12th Grade)
Calculus AB Advanced Placement(12th Grade)
Physics Advanced Placement (11th Grade)
United States History Advanced Placement (11th Grade)
English III: Language and Composition Advanced Placement (11th Grade) Health Careers Health Science Off Campus Rotations (11th Grade) Pre-Calculus Pre-Advanced Placement Dual Credit (11th Grade)
Spanish V Advanced Placement (11th Grade)
World History Advanced Placement (10th Grade)
Anatomy and Physiology (10th Grade)
Principles of Health Science (10th Grade)
Medical Terminology (9th Grade)
INTERESTS AND FUTURE PLANS
My professional goals have been impacted by my previous experiences through internships, community service jobs, and my education. These goals entail to pursue a career in cardiology and to improve treatments for people with cardiovascular diseases such as arrhythmia or strokes. However, I would like to first experience other possible careers I could be interested in and focus on taking new challenges that would motivate me to expand my knowledge so that I am able to contribute to the medical industry with the new discoveries people urgently need to improve their life quality. I have also considered radiology, which is not limited to this particular field, cardiology, but certainly examines it sporadically. Ultimately, I seek to study medicine and learn as much as possible so I have the privilege of contributing to minimizing the potential harm of diseases and other health conditions on our well-being. The best technique to achieve my goals is by grasping onto any opportunity that will allow me to receive the experience, exposure,
and encouragement for continuous growth in my knowledge and communication skills necessary for the future career I would pursue. I chose to major in bioengineering because of how much I enjoyed doing research in a lab that focused on the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). In addition to this major, I also decided to minor in computer science and engineering because of how essential coding skills are in almost any field.
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|