I work with learners with diverse needs, so we work together to identify how they learn best and use strategies to break down language structures or problems for them to understand best. I believe in immersion early on, so I will facilitate conversation at the level of my student, and support their comprehension with visuals to help them get used to listening and using Spanish with a patient, non-judgmental listener.
I am a bilingual Spanish/English school-based speech-language pathologist. I have been working in the schools for over 4 years with a wide range of students including English language learners and students with special needs. In addition to my work as an SLP I have tutored students of all ages in Spanish as well as other subject areas (e.g. math, reading, writing, and science).
Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI Sept 2014-May 2016
• M.S. Speech-Language Pathology
• Bilingual English-Spanish Certificate
Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI Aug 2010-May 2014
• B.A. Special Education K-12 Speech-Language Pathology Endorsement - Secondary Ed
Minors in Secondary Education Spanish Language and Secondary Education Mathematics
• Graduated2014 with Highest and Departmental Honors
Speech-Language Pathology experience
• Speech language pathologist: Milwaukee Public Schools Aug 2016-present
ALBA Elementary School, Riley Elementary School, Pulaski High School
• Student clinician: Curative Care Network: Birth to Three Services: Milwaukee, WI Jan 2016-May 2016
• Practicum student: West Allis Central High School: West Allis, WI Sept 2015-Dec 2015
• Practicum student: Milwaukee Public Schools Initial Evaluation: Milwaukee, WI Sept 2015-Dec 2015
• Student clinician: Marquette University Speech and Hearing Clinic: Milwaukee, WI Sept 2014-Aug 2015
-Additional teaching experience
• Student Instructor - Marquette University: Milwaukee, WI May 2015-Aug 2015
Health Career Opportunity Program Pre-Enrollment Support Program- Graduate level
Summer Science Enrichment Program- High school level
• Student teacher: Grades 9-12 Spanish - Community HS: Ann Arbor, MI Jan 2014-May 2014
Supervising Teacher: Laurel Landrum
• Private tutor: Ypsilanti, MI & Milwaukee, WI Jan 2014-present
Secondary level Spanish
Secondary level mathematics
• Math Lab tutor: Eastern Michigan University: Ypsilanti, MI Aug 2012-Dec 2013
**Honors and Awards**
• College of Education Dean’s List Recipient – Eastern Michigan University, Fall 2010 – Winter 2014
• College of Education Student of Excellence – Eastern Michigan University, 2014
• Department of Mathematics Achievement Award – Eastern Michigan University, 2014
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|