I think it is important to adjust my teaching method based on the student because each student is unique. Some students need more abstract examples while others need more numerical examples to grasp a new concept. I try very hard to make chemistry fun!
I have 2 years of experience teaching chemistry classes to undergraduates (over 50 students total). I have a degree in Biochemistry from Loyola Marymount University. I ultimately hope to become a chemistry teacher, so I am passionate whenever I teach.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Biochemistry May 2017
Graduate Research Assistant August 2017-July 2018
• Improved critical thinking abilities by planning experiments to support/reject hypotheses
• Mastered organization skills through maintaining a clean and straightforward lab space
• Polished time management skills via planning long experiments around meetings/classes
Volunteer Kindergarten Tutor August 2013-June 2015
• Assisted teacher in leading students in science projects
• Helped maintain a controlled environment in the classroom
Teacher’s Assistant August 2015-May 2017
• Oversaw organic chemistry, biochemistry, and analytical chemistry labs
• Prepared solutions for these labs
• Assisted in grading quizzes, lab reports, and lab notebooks for these labs
Middle School Mentor 2014-2016
• Worked with a team to create and organize events
• Mentor children at an inner city middle school
Science Summer Camp Teacher June 2014-August 2014
• Took care of elementary school campers during their summer camp, and interacted with their parents if problems ever arose
• Taught young students about environmental issues by planning numerous camp activities with the help of the other interns
chemistry lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$16||Not available|