My teaching method looks to each student's specific needs, goals, and learning style. As I have a graduate and undergraduate degree focused heavily on biology, I am able to assist middle and high school level students with their coursework, especially those in AP courses. I also enjoy teaching younger ages and inspiring young scientists!
I am an epidemiologist with a molecular biology background. My work has been published in scientific journals, and I love sharing my knowledge of life science with students, especially those interested in healthcare fields. I also have 2.5 years of teaching experience.
University of Notre Dame Master of Science in Global Health
Carroll College Bachelor of Arts in Biology
• Collaborates with 16 of 32 Tribal communities to build Tribal public health capacity and work towards the vision of the Tribal strategic plan
• Uses analytical skills to provide technical assistance to Tribes including data collection efficiency improvement, survey design, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, policy and procedure recommendations, implementation of data use agreements and other assistance
• Facilitates regional, virtual trainings and summits engaging Tribal, state, and federal stakeholders
• Participates in trainings and courses for professional skill development in contact tracing, COVID-19 control and mitigation, opioid surveillance, R, and reproducible data science
• Assesses data sources to draw conclusions about public health issues and health outcomes as they pertain to American Indian and Alaska Native populations
• Assists in creating a positive and supportive work environment by helping create a workplace that promotes the organizational values of workplace diversity, equity and inclusion and actively promotes an environment respectful of living and working in a multicultural society
Graduate Student Researcher
• Detected the presence of low-density malaria infections in blood samples using DNA extraction and molecular diagnostic methods (qPCR) in laboratory
• Evaluated a new ultra-sensitive rapid diagnostic test in field conditions and reported findings to manufacturer
• Functioned in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team, partnering with the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador and local physicians to conduct malaria surveillance investigation in a rural community on the Ecuadorian coastal range (N=416 participants)
• Packaged, processed, stored, and transported samples in a manner that preserves their integrity
• Developed and administered quantitative survey tool regarding household risk factors for malaria
• Documented and recorded data from all surveys, prepared report of findings, investigative methods, and collection techniques
• Performed quantitative analysis using Excel and SPSS
Guest English Teacher
• Planned and led lessons for international and ESL students, ages 5-55
• Participated and assisted with 5-10 extracurricular English events for over 400 students
• Assisted with developing government pilot program, increased enrollment 300% over 2.5 years
• Gained leadership, management, cultural sensitivity, and foreign language skills
HIV Prevention and Outreach Intern
• Scheduled, organized, marketed, and assisted with 5 HIV testing events on college campuses
• Promoted HIV testing and education events by designing and distributing posters
• Gave educational HIV/HepC prevention talk to recovering IV drug users
West Nile and Cache Valley Virus Project
Undergraduate Laboratory Assistant
• Collaborated with faculty advisor to extract viral RNA and run RT-qPCR on mosquito samples collected by ecology field team,
• Followed protocols and procedures for laboratory techniques and maintained chemical solutions
• Investigated areas of potential health hazard due to presence of West Nile Virus
• Collaborated with Native American Tribal colleges to collect mosquito and horse blood samples
• Maintained clean environment and followed safety protocols required in BSL-3 facilities
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, microbiology lessons for all!
Taking molecular biology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$250|