I have been tutoring since I was in high school, and I try to make sure that my lessons are engaging and fun as well as informative. During my time as a teaching assistant in undergrad, I worked in an "Active Learning" setting, which encouraged students to connect with the material on a deeper level by incorporating activities and projects into the curriculum.
I am best suited to tutor high school students in all levels of biology, including AP and Honors.
I am an Epidemiology graduate student with experience in biology research, field work, and university level teaching. During my time as an undergrad, I was a TA for a Development and Physiology biology class which has equipped me with a wide range of biology knowledge. In addition to general biology, I have taken courses in genetics, chemistry, zoology, epidemiology, evolution, and other life science related courses.
B.S. in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology - 2020 ● University of California - Santa Cruz
Learning Assistant - 2020
Development and Physiology - University of California, Santa Cruz
● Tutored students in general biology and helped to improve analytical thinking skills
● Held office hours and attended bi-weekly meetings with professors to discuss the
material as well as improve my teaching skills
Survey Slug Mentor - 2019
The Stranding Network - UCSC Chapter
● Hosted beach surveys for undergraduate students, assisted them in handling marine mammal strandings, and taught proper data collection practices
● Helped to improve the problem solving and data collection skills of the mentees
Prague Elementary - 2019
Third Grade English Teaching Internship
● Worked with third grade Czech students in improving their English speaking and
The Stranding Network - UCSC Chapter - 2017-2019
● On call to collect large marine mammal strandings from nearby beaches; species include a variety of pinnipeds, cetaceans, and sharks
● Performed necropsies and determined cause of death
Raimondi-Carr Lab - University of California, Santa Cruz - 2019
● Sorting, cataloguing, drying, and weighing marine invertebrates
● Experience in wet lab protocols and organization
Santa Cruz County - Communicable Disease Unit - 2019
● Analyzed data regarding Valley Fever cases in the Santa Cruz County area to track potential bacterial hot spots
● Assisted Epidemiologists in patient interviews and data organization
Kristin Bowne Physical Therapy - 2020
Clinical Research in Regenerative Medicine
● Created a database for outcome measure data collection after patients received PRP and BMAC stem cell injections at their injury site
● Interviewed patients about their progress and collected outcome measure data
● Created graphics and consolidated information for a research poster brought to
WebPT - Kristin Bowne Physical Therapy
● Experience in scheduling, checking insurance benefits, entering and accessing medical records
Albion Environmental, Inc.
● Created a comprehensive online database of books and scholarly articles for a small architectural and environmental monitoring business
Santa Cruz County, Communicable Disease Unit
● Created interactive visual presentations regarding the distribution of Valley Fever patients in the Santa Cruz County area
eDNA Statistical Analysis
● Ran statistical models to analyze eDNA for several research sites as part of an in-class research project.
Clinic Administrator, Receptionist and Physical Therapy Technician - 2020
Kristin Bowne Physical Therapy
● Clinic managerial experience including hiring, payroll managing, insurance verification, website management, and patient management.
● One on one experience with assisting in patient exercise plans and various pain management techniques including E-Stim and BEMER.
Assistant Office Manager - 2017-2019
● Maintained an online library of academic journals and books through EndNote. Assisted authors in finding necessary references
● General office organizational duties including filing, phone calls, and payroll.
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest genetics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, zoology lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|