I teach with the same enthusiasm that I hold for life. While having a Master's degree in secondary education, I also have a Bachelor's in Theater. I come at all of my lessons with the goal of learning while having fun. I was never a student who enjoyed school and as a teacher it is my goal to meet each of my students where they are and help them to learn the best way that works for them.
I am willing to work hard for all of my students, but we can only get out as much as the student is willing to put in. I will be using Google Classroom as the backbone of my lessons and asking each of my students to fill out a summary assignment for each of there science classes, so that I can create a tutoring lesson that matches and builds off of what they are already learning in classes. While I am happy to help students with their schools work, my lessons are focused on helping the student to fully grasp the material so that they can do the work themselves.
I am a certified Life Science and Biology teacher in both California and Ohio with four years experience in middle school and one year experience in high school. I have detailed knowledge of online education, project based learning, and NGSS. I have a thorough understanding of how to differentiate for each of my students and will be holding my tutoring lessons with the same dedication that I give my classes.
- For standard rate, appointments must be set up at least a week in advance.
- For emergency tutoring sessions (set up within a weeks notice), price for session is $50/hour.
- Cancellations follow Superprof's regulations. Session may be cancelled up to 24 hours in advance.
- Any cancellations within 24 of the appointment incur 50% of the scheduled sessions price.
- Bachelor's of Arts in Theater from Miami University
- Minor in Zoology from Miami University
- Master's in Education from University of Phoenix
- 4 years of experience as a 7th grade science teacher
- Grade level lead for two of those four years.
- 1 year of experience as a high school biology/health/general science teacher
- Certified in project based learning from Thom Markham's program
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking anatomy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|