We have a preliminary session to make sure it is a good fit on both sides. Then, based on the student's desires and needs, we can plan for the next meeting, or leave it open to adjustments. If there are specific goal/s, I am more than happy to spend time making sure they are SMART goals, so we can execute them.
There are a variety of options with regards to the session itself; we can do practice problems, whole concepts, or go over past work. This will also be decided on an individual basis.
I am currently a student at Boston University pursuing a bachelor's degree, majoring in Biomedical Engineering and minoring in Public Health and Human Physiology. I am originally from the Bay Area, California. I am passionate about healthcare and creating solutions to multifaceted issues. I have experience teaching elementary school students math and Hebrew.
If the student's level surpasses Trigonometry in mathematics and surpasses general chemistry, biology, (such as AP Biology), I charge $40 per hour.
I have a 24-hour cancellation policy if the lesson is not going to be rescheduled. Past 24 hours the cancellation fee is 50% of the hourly rate because I take time to prepare material for each student. I have a. 12-hour rescheduling policy where the student must let me know whether they want to reschedule 12 hours prior to the lesson. If I am not alerted 12 hours before the lesson, there is a rescheduling fee, 50% of the hourly rate.
B.S. Biomedical Engineering
Public Health minor, Human Physiology minor
- Expected Graduation May 2024, GPA: 3.7
- Dean's List Academic Standing 2020
- Involved in Environmental Student Organization
DIGITAL ART FUNDRAISER
Personal Company June 2020 - Current
- Designed and distributed 120 engaging stickers to donate money for Black Lives Matter.
- QR code to register to vote in the United States
- All proceeds went to the ACLU, total of $303. Advertised on various media platforms to optimize outreach.
EMT: EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN
Magen David Adom, Petach Tikva, Israel October 2019 - December 2019
- Applied to an overseas program with the Red Cross to undergo intensive training
- Perform emergency diagnostic and treatment procedures such as airway management.
- Observed, recorded, and reported to the physician the patient's condition or injury, the treatment provided, and reactions to treatment.
- Worked 8-12 hour shifts
- Assessed nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures while comforting and reassuring patients and others. Worked as a translator from English to Hebrew
ACADEMIC TUTOR (Hebrew & Math)
October 2018 - June 2019
- Taught students of varying levels and adapted to their needs; practice or reeducation
- Planned sessions to develop reading skills
- Worked with student to achieve goals
- Assigned relevant engaging homework to advance learning
SWIM INSTRUCTOR & LIFEGUARD
Los Gatos Swim & Racquet Club, CA June 2019 - September 2019
- Provided swimming and safety instruction Communicated to parents about student progress with an emphasis on growth mindset.
Marin has been helping me for years and has always done an incredible job and been so helpful!
I knew Marin as a tutor for my algebra class in high school. Marin was very respectful of my time and hers, always helped promptly and explained very deeply based on what I needed. She tried many methods until we found what worked for me and stuck with that. Marin was a great tutor and I would definitely recommend her!
You can't help but be motivated to learn when working with Marin! Her positivity is infectious. She's well-spoken, very empathetic, and supportive. Your work won't even feel like work when you do it with Marin.
Marin is a peer of mine and the best study partner. She is incredibly thoughtful, patient, and knowledgable. Marin never fails to answer all of my questions and support me whenever I need it. Marin is a great algebra and overall math tutor, and overall a great person to work with. I highly recommend her to anyone who needs a encouraging tutor to get you through your next math exam!
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$300|