I prefer to teach undergraduate students and other interested individuals using a very interactive approach. I do not deal in black-and-white, but prefer to teach traditional lessons as well as differing opinions. I treat students not as a blackboard to copy truths onto, but as logical and thinking beings to expose to differing ideas so they can generate their own truths.
I have over 30 years experience in various business disciplines and an MBA from Texas A&M University - Commerce , TX. I am currently pursuing a Graduate Certificate at Harvard University Extension. I am a certified Adjunct Instructor and passionate about learning, not memorizing.
Lessons cancelled within 24 hours of scheduled time will not be refunded.
Technology, Business, Economics, Finance
MBA with Marketing Minor, December 2014 – Texas A&M – Commerce, Commerce, TX
BS in Industrial Technology – Automotive Production Support, December 1985 – Illinois State University, Normal, IL
ASE Master Auto Technician, November 1985
LEED Green Associate, 2010
ELKAY MANUFACTURING, Oak Brook, IL 2013 - Present
Sr. Global Product Manager(2018-Present)
Realizes long range vision to strategically position company in the optimum position. Manages a team of Product Managers to strengthen product portfolios and maximize shareholder value. Entrepreneurially expand the current business into new areas to broaden the revenue landscape and mitigate economic risk. Works closely with other Directors to form cohesive interdepartmental workgroups to speed time to market, increase efficiencies, and increase employee morale.
Global Product Manager (2015-2018)
Drives efforts and provide direction for the drinking water solutions team, managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic to tactical activities. Develops and executes a product roadmap, including identifying, evaluating, recommending, and implementing new products for existing and new markets. Manages resources to guarantee timely completion and due diligence required for product line launches and performs process and project management assuring completion of product line ideation and development. Works closely with Sales and customers through product launches and ongoing product support. Responsible to for managing the existing product portfolio including creating the strategic and tactical plans for profitable growth, developing and executing profit enhancement initiatives, and forecasting.
Lead Product Engineer (2013-2015)
Managed technical aspects of the water cooler and bottle filler product line. Managed a Sr. NPI Product Engineer and a Product Designer.
• Partnered with US/Canadian Electronics firm to develop the “next generation” of wireless communicative bottle fillers
• Released first export-specific water coolers, incorporating filtration specifically designed for bacteria management
SIEMENS BUILDING TECHNOLOGIES, Buffalo Grove, IL 2001 - 2013
Senior Product Specialist (2011-2012)
Product Management functions across all Field Installed Devices products representing $60M, direct Product Management of Rotary Valve portfolio representing $10M
• Partnered with US and Swiss colleagues to drive cutting edge valve innovation projects
• Managed catalog and marketing material updates
• Completed cross reference and pricing analyses
Customer Parts Sales Executive (2009-2011)
Call on end-users of Siemens products to influence Siemens content in the upgrade and maintenance of their buildings. Responsible for West Coast, Mountain Pacific, and Alaska, with revenue of over $5M
• Sales increase of 25% over previous year
Product Engineering Manager (2005 – 2009)
Manage resources and projects to introduce new Building Control end devices into the marketplace. Direct supervision of four Mechanical Engineers, two Electrical Engineers, four Test Engineers, and one Project Manager. Direct responsibility for Room Unit, Sensor, Valve and Actuator product lines. Coordinate with global partners in Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, and Korea to drive the product and technology road map. Initiate processes and capabilities to reduce or eliminate redundant development work globally and create a global framework for team development.
• Coordinated implementation and roll-out of Siemens PLM Mechanical design tools (NX, Teamcenter Engineering, Teamcenter Enterprise) to replace Pro/E tool set and integrate with global tool set. Enabled first truly globally integrated Mechanical Design project team.
• Sourced and coordinated installation of first Computational Fluid Dynamics tool at Siemens Building Technologies.
• Reduced Sensor product line technical support costs by 23%.
• Organized and implemented first global teaming event for the Sensor product group at the global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland.
Sr. Project Manager (2003 – 2005)
Managed projects greater than $3MM in scope for the development of new Valves and Actuators for the Building Controls industry. Directly supervised four Mechanical Engineers.
• Project Managed the development, testing, and release of a new line of terminal equipment valves, saving $200K annually.
• Global Project Leader to solve field failure issues in the largest volume actuator family.
• Worked on the Project Management Functional Excellence core team, setting the direction and processes to advance Project Management skills in the Siemens Project Management discipline.
Project Manager (2001 – 2003)
Managed projects between $1MM and $3MM in scope for the development of new Sensors and Valves and Actuators for the Building Controls industry. Partnered with colleagues in Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, and Korea. Responsible for technology road map to define the technological future of Valves and Actuators.
• Project Managed development and release of the first wireless sensor in Siemens Building Technologies.
• Project Managed release of a third-party ball valve product line – the first ball valves used at Siemens Building technologies.
FEDERAL-MOGUL / FEL-PRO, Skokie, IL 1990 - 2001
Process Engineering Manager (1999 – 2001)
Nine direct reports – Four Engineers and five Technicians. Responsible for prototype orders, new products, APQP functions, Engineering Change Orders, production part problem solving, and review of incoming designs for manufacturability in a rubber injection molding facility.
• Doubled on-time delivery performance of prototypes and product launches at a 20% increase in volume
Sr. Product Engineer (1996 – 1999)
Responsible for product design, testing and documentation. Product technologies included embossed steel, graphite/composites, molded elastomers (edge molded and press-in-place), cold formed combustion seals, conventional wire ring combustion seals, and NVH noise isolation systems.
• Managed first total engine sealing program – complete sealing portfolio for a new heavy-duty diesel engine.
R&D Engineer (1994 – 1996)
Responsible for long term projects dealing with product and manufacturing development of new combustion sealing technologies. Responsible for test and fixture design for static and dynamic combustion seal evaluations. Developed test methods and data to bookshelf comparative performance data for all common combustion seal technologies.
Process Engineering Supervisor (1992 – 1994)
16 direct reports. Interfaced with tooling, production planning and operations on timing of active Engineering projects.
Process Engineer (1990 – 1992)
Responsible for process design, product introduction and change coordination, part documentation, BOM’s and routing, and tooling debug in a metal stamping and assembly facility.
A.L. HANSEN MFG. CO., Waukegan, IL 1986 - 1990
Manufacturing Manager - Production Planner / Scheduler - Floor Supervisor
MEMBERSHIPS / AFFILIATIONS
economics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest business lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, management lessons for all!
Taking microeconomics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$10|