I use real life application such as coffee-shop ordering practice and grocery store shopping trips to help students grasp relevant knowledge. I have games and traditional supplemental worksheets as well, based on your skill level and need.
CELTA-certified Native Texan and political science graduate with certificate in International Relations. I have been an English-as-Second-Language Instructor overseas as well as domestically. I currently recruit and support international academic and international ballet students through study abroad-opportunity homes within the U.S.
I have developed and taught lessons to very young students all the way to retirees. I am looking to assist young or business professionals gain fluency at this time.
English as Second Language (ESL) Instructor
Crossing Borders Group, LLC
Houston, Texas Area | May 2017 – Aug 2017
English Language Instructor
• Taught adult ESL classes in 4-week increments, as well as a 3-week long intensive ESL camp for kids
• Developed curriculum and projects appropriate for each respective age group/audience, navigating cultural dialect differences derived from 10+ countries and regions
SpiderSmart Tutoring Center, Houston, TX | Sept 2016-Aug 2018
• Taught biweekly English as Second Language classes to international students
• Created individualized lesson plans for each student, working with gifted, dyslexic and autistic students
Go Now Missions | Bangkok, Thailand
June 2014 – July 2014
Taught 50+ Thai university students daily for three weeks and lead an English Day Camp during Thai military coup
Houston Ballet, Houston, TX | June 2018-June 2020
Houston Ballet Academy Monitor, Weekend Dormitory Resident Supervisor, Health Chaperone, Backstage Nutcracker Chaperone, and Summer Intensive Chaperone/Counselor
• Provided safe and supportive environment for 184 international and domestic ballet students during 6 week Summer Intensive; supervising, mentoring, and disciplining dancers diplomatically while living on-site in dormitory and serving as guardian figure (ages 14-17), executing CPR and AED certifications as needed in cases of health emergencies; prioritizing and pivoting needs as they arise
• Serving as supportive Resident Supervisor on weekends in Academy Dormitory for 16+ year-round and short term students, assisting with check-ins, transportation, bed checks and support for each student’s wellbeing
• Transporting students to doctor appointments, airports, grocery stores and on planned weekend cultural excursions
• Utilizing electronic databases CampDoc and Class365 to check-in and process payments for Adult drop-in classes
Perfect! Rachel is a very good teacher, she is clear and gives very good tips to apply in my business English, especially very practical for my relationship with my suppliers.
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$115||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$230||$250|