My teaching method is highly supportive and task-based. I believe that students perform and learn most effectively when they can set and reach personal goals. A typical lesson starts with a warm-up conversation to introduce the topic, followed by introducing and practicing the necessary vocabulary and grammar with plenty of opportunity to use the language in real-life practice scenarios.
I am a native English speaker with a bachelor's degree in psychology, as well as an ESL certification. I taught English to children and adults in Japan for 12 years. I have taught hundreds of students in a variety of capacities, from casual conversation to business training for nuclear power technicians to train in the USA.
I am willing to travel farther for in-person lessons for an additional travel fee depending on the distance.
I require cancellation notice six hours before the start of the lesson.
Education and Training
2019 Post-Degree TESL Certificate Program, Graduation with High Distinction, Dean’s Honor List, Conestoga College
2004 Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Purdue University
Related Work Experience
2004 – 2006 Public School EFL Instructor – Matsuno City Board of Education, Japan
- Responsibilities included main teaching, team teaching, lesson planning, creating and evaluating exams with a co-teacher in junior high school, as well as regularly interacting with the students outside of class.
2006 – 2008 Private School EFL Instructor – iTTTi Japan, Japan
- Implemented task-based lessons plans for students from age two to 16
- Created a friendly atmosphere to encourage student participation
- Coordinated with Japanese teachers to track and assess student progress
2008 – 2009 Performance Supervisor - iTTTi Japan, Japan
- Liaison between native and Japanese staff
- Trained and evaluated teachers in team teaching and one-on-one performance
- Administrative responsibilities included planning and leading regular meetings with the entire teaching staff (both native and Japanese), scheduling and payroll entry, and assisting native teachers with adjusting to life in Japan
2009 - 2010 Private School EFL Instructor – AMIC International, Japan
- Planned and implemented lessons for students age three to seniors including textbook-based learning, context-based learning, test preparation, business and conversational English.
- Developed and managed special programs for the younger students such as holiday programs, presentations, and performances
2010 - 2016 Private School EFL Instructor – Shinonome Junior and Senior High School, Japan
- Planned and implemented student-centered lessons, crafts, and games that developed key communication skills
- Prepared, administered, graded, and tracked all current and prospective student EFL examinations and reports
- Developed and executed open school lessons for prospective students
- Used educational technology to deliver language instruction
2015 - 2016 Private School EFL Instructor – Il Ponte Italiano Italian and English Conversation School, Japan
- Delivered a program responding to stated student needs and goals
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$20|