First and foremost I try to understand the goals of each individual student I tutor, and help him or her accomplish those goals as quickly and easily as possible. I try to incorporate listening, reading, writing and speaking into my lessons and to keep the student having fun. I teach many students with different learning styles, and I try to tutor each student in a way that works for them.
I am a Spanish teacher at a college prep school in Jacksonville. I have taught levels 1-5 and have tutored in all levels as well. Students I have tutored have gained a better understanding of Spanish and have been able to meet their goals while working with me. I try to keep lessons fun and engaging for students, and as a teacher, I know how to help you get a good grade!
Rates could vary depending on distance to meeting place, level, or hours at one time.
Masters of Arts in Spanish - August 2013
Bowling Green State University
Spanish Language and Literature
Bachelor of Science in Education, Secondary Emphasis - December 2010
Central Michigan University
• Majors: K-12 Spanish & 6-12 English
PROFESSIONAL TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Middle and High School Spanish Teacher
Episcopal School of Jacksonville: Jacksonville, FL - August 2013-present
• Plan and teach introductory, intermediate and advanced Spanish classes to 7th -12th grade students.
• Collaborate daily with the other Spanish teachers to create tests, quizzes and to plan classes.
• Provide leadership by coaching volleyball & softball as well as by organizing all international trips.
Online Spanish Instructor - March 2014 - present
Middlebury Interactive Languages: Middlebury, VT
• Provide feedback to online Spanish learners through online platforms, hold live sessions, grade assignments and tests, support students virtually by holding virtual office hours and attend meetings.
Spanish/English Language Affiliate - Aug. 2012-Aug. 2013
Language Services Group: Bowling Green, OH
• Led Spanish and English language classes for the community, translated documents & interpreted.
• Created a ten-week curriculum module for children’s language courses to be used for any language.
Graduate Instructor - August 2011- 2013
Bowling Green State University: Madrid, Spain & Bowling Green, OH
• Taught one college Spanish course during the fall and one during spring on Bowling Green’s campus and an additional intensive summer course abroad in Madrid, Spain.
Elementary Spanish Teacher - January – August 2011
Hamilton School District: Hamilton, MI
• Instructed sections of elementary Spanish, 1st - 5th grade, at two of the district’s elementary schools.
• Worked closely with the other Spanish teacher to design the elementary curriculum.
• Southern Spain Highlights Tour Leader: July 2017
• Spanish Exchange Teacher Leader: Zaragoza & Barcelona, Spain - June 2016
• High School Summer Spanish Instructor Abroad: Costa Rica & Nicaragua - June - July 2015
• Middle School Summer Spanish Instructor Abroad: Costa Rica - June - July 2014
• Volunteer Trip Leader Abroad: La Suiza Orphanage, Dominican Republic June 2014
• Instructor of Study Abroad Spanish: Bowling Green State University: Madrid, Spain - June - July 2013
• Academic Year Abroad: Bowling Green State University: Madrid, Spain - August 2011 - June 2012
• Live in Volunteer: Casa Hogar de Esperanza Orphanage: Cancun, Mexico - May - June 2010
• Semester Abroad Participant: La Universidad Austral de Chile: Valdivia, Chile - March – July 2008
OTHER RELEVANT EMPLOYMENT
• Summer Session Staff and Spanish Teacher
Cardigan Mountain School: Canaan, NH June - July 2011
• Substitute Teacher
Grand Rapids & Mt. Pleasant, MI 2008-2011
• Camp Counselor & Softball Specialist
Camp Canadensis: Canadensis, PA Summer 2009 & 2010
• Teaching Proficiency through Reading & Storytelling Conference: Lansing, MI July 2016
• ACTFL Teachers of a Foreign Language Conference: Orlando, FL Nov. 2013
• Central States Conference on the Teaching of a Foreign Language: Columbus, OH Mar. 2013
• Central States Conference on the Teaching of a Foreign Language: Indianapolis, IN Mar. 2011
• Michigan World Language Association Conference: Lansing, MI Mar. 2011
• CLEAR Foreign Language Technology Workshop: Mount Pleasant, MI Mar. 2010
• National Middle School Association National Conference: Indianapolis, IN Nov. 2009
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$60||$40|
|5 hours||Not available||$275||$200|
|10 hours||Not available||$550||$400|