My approach to teaching is unique, and I offer constant encouragement, reinforcement, and motivation to my students. I believe that this drives them to not only not give up but it also helps reveal their true potential. They gain confidence in their abilities and therefore aren't afraid to use and practice their skills in hopes of enhancing their talents. I also am big on patience and second chances because to me, it is much better to make mistakes and try again than to make a mistake and quit. I always offer praise and words of positive support when I am teaching in order to grab students' attention and motivate them to continue to excel and challenge themselves.
I consider myself to be an extremely motivated, organized, intelligent, dedicated, caring, and compassionate professional. I am well-rounded, have diverse knowledge, can easily adapt to any situation. Thus, I have work experience in several fields.
First, I was a teacher. I taught math to grades three through nine and tutored high school students in Biology and prepared them for the science section of the ACT and the Biology, Algebra, and English Regents. My knowledge of the sciences is vast. In high school, I majored in Biological Engineering where I excelled in subjects such as Biology, Math, Chemistry, Living Environment, etc. In college and high school, I took classes like Genetics, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Botany, and AP Psychology. I have also taught English (writing, grammar, ELA State Exam, etc.) to grades three through eight. Additionally, I was an ESL teacher for a summer, teaching children in Shanghai, China via Skype. Through this online tutoring, I administered lessons to the classrooms of some of the largest schools in their city. Being that I have a health and science background, I am also confident in my academic writing abilities in those areas (i.e. health articles, blogs, research papers).
Secondly, I have a true passion for health, nutrition, and mind-body holistic wellness. Ever since I was young, entering my teens, I have been adamant about the mind and body connection. I strongly believe that without the proper, balanced function of one, the other is deemed to suffer. Our emotions, feelings, stresses and worries all impact our physical health and vise versa. I am confident in my knowledge of human physical and mental health as I not only have a mother who is a nurse but have, throughout my life, always been reading health and wellness literature and self-studying nutrition. In middle school, I worked with Maimonides Hospital and was fortunate to be part of a medical research opportunity This is why I have chosen to pursue a career in this field. I am currently a health coach who sees clients of all ages and backgrounds. I provide proper nutrition guidance as well as psychological and emotional support. I work with clients suffering from digestive, endocrine, immune, weight, and cardiovascular illnesses in hopes of improving and/or eradicating their symptoms. I instruct clients in meal preparation and outline specific recipes and meal plans. My goal is to accompany women and men on a journey to a healthier, kinder, more compassionate relationship to their food and bodies.
When I am not seeing clients, I am a Nutrition teacher to elementary aged kids. I educate them on balanced, holistic eating. While instructing weekly nutrition and food science lessons, I make the classes fun and engaging by incorporating food tasting and baking activities. Overall, I strive to instill the importance of real and holistic foods and teach them the downsides of artificial ingredients.
￼￼￼• Punctual, responsible, organized and trustworthy
• Highly motivated, a fast-learner, intelligent, dedicated, and well-rounded
• Patient and able to push/engage/motivate others to help them reach their goals
• Able to think quickly and make wise judgments/decisions
• Very caring, compassionate, empathetic, and understanding
• BA in Psychology
• Certified Mind Body Green Functional Nutrition Coach
• Certified Mind Body Eating Psychology Coach
Mind Body Green Functional Nutrition Online Program
The Institute for the Psychology of Eating (Online)
Baruch College- 4.0 GPA
• Psychology major//Philosophy minor
• Dean's Scholars Program
• Member of The National Society of Leadership and Success
Brooklyn Technical High School- Biomedical Engineer Major
• Member of the National Society of High School Scholars (NSHSS)
• Top ten average freshman and sophomore year
Personal Health, Wellness, and Nutrition Coach – NYC/Remote (June 2018-Present)
￼￼￼Jan 2019-Sep 2019 Jan 2019- October 2019 2015-Fall 2018
￼• Help clients conquer mental/physical challenges including overeating, unhealthy body image, binge eating, endless dieting, emotional eating, fatigue, stress; and immune, cardiovascular, and digestive health
• Accompany clients on a journey to a healthier, kinder, more compassionate relationship to food and body
• Analyze clients’ eating habits and outline and document areas of improvement
• Demonstrate optimum communication skills and ability to understand and empathize with clients’ struggles
• Instruct clients in proper meal preparations and give specific recipe and shopping advice
• Set, monitor, and adjust clients’ individualized goals
• Help clients dive deep into their inner selves and reveal deep-rooted challenges and causes of hidden pain
Nutrition Teacher-Manhattan, NY (August 2019-Present)
• Educate elementary age children on proper and balanced eating
• Instruct weekly nutrition and food science lessons and oversee food tasting and baking activities
• Instill proper eating habits and healthy food choices
Personal Assistant to Psychologist – Brooklyn, NY (January 2015-June 2015)
• Filed insurance claims through online software
• Helped transcribe patient medical files
• Assisted in DSM-V medical coding
• Assisted doctor in miscellaneous tasks
Computer Skills: MS Word, MS Excel.
Languages: Fluent in English and Russian
Alina was my classmate at a college Spanish class. I absolutely adore her! She is a very kind and compassionate person which is shown through her undying willingness to help those are struggling. I think I learned more Spanish from her than the actual class itself. Alina's teaching style is very malleable. What I mean is that she tailors her teaching style based on your learning style. Awesome teacher!
Alina is amazing!! I highly recommend her. She’s well spoken, educated and cares a lot for anyone she works with.
nutrition lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest weight loss lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, eating well lessons for all!
Taking dietetics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|