My methodology is mostly intuitive learning. That is to say, I try to determine what the student or even class is adept at and what portions need extra attention. I also try to utilize practical examples and/or questions whenever possible to solidify concepts.
I have an undergraduate in Finance, an MBA and have just completed an A.A.S. in Network Admin/Design & Cyber-Security. I've also taught math for a couple of semesters Kaskaskia College in Greenville, IL. I also tutored finance as an undergraduate and more recently, CCNA-Security for another student at SWIC where he received an A.
A.A.S. | EXPECTED MAY 2019 | SOUTHWESTERN ILLINOIS COLLEGE – CISCO NETWORKING ACADEMY
• Major: Network Design/Administration and Cybersecurity Specialist
• Overall G.P.A. 3.94/4.0
MBA | DEPAUL UNIVERSITY KELLSTADT GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
• Major: Business Administration
B.S. | UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
• Major: Finance
• CCNA-ROUTING/SWITCHING expires May 2022
• MTA (Windows Server Administration Fundamentals) expires Dec 2023
• CCNA-SECURITY expected May 2019
• COMPTIA SECURITY+ expected May 2019
• CCENT expires December 2021
TROUBLESHOOTING, IPV4/IPV6, DNS, TFTP, STP, NAT, PAT, SINGLE-HOMED EBGP, MPLS, SNMP, PPP, MLPPP, GRE TUNNELS, IPS/IDS, AAA, FIREWALLS, OSI & TCP/IP, ACLS, VLANS, VTP, STP, DTP, RSTP, PVST+, HSRP, ETHERCHANNEL, ZONE-BASED FIREWALLS, CLOUD RESOURCES, DHCP, EIGRP, FHRP, GRE, IPV4 AND IPV6 ADDRESSING, INFRASTRUCTURE COMPONENTS, LAN SWITCHING, NETWORK MANAGEMENT, NETWORK PROGRAMMABILITY, NETWORK SECURITY, NETWORK TOPOLOGIES, OSPF, PPPOE, QOS, RIPV2, STATIC AND DYNAMIC ROUTING, WAN TOPOLOGIES, EBGP, EXCEL, ACTIVE DIRECTORY, OFFICE SUITE, WINDOWS-BASED NETWORKING, WIRESHARK, PYTHON (BEGINNER), QUICKBOOKS, CRM.
• Taking Operation from Red to Black in Record Time. Local 701 had been in the negative for three years. Directed new budgeting process, reduced staff, overhauled accounting procedures, integrated new VoIP system. Oversaw investments, improving and monitoring performance. Achieved profitability in first year.
• Cutting Operations Costs with Updated Business Solutions. Cost of running cumbersome tracking, accounting and clerical system was unacceptable for a non-profit, Local 701. Researched, tested and acquired new IT system, overseeing and directing all implementation. Dramatically increased productivity, significantly cutting departmental time and material waste.
• Forged and maintained key relationships and developed cross–sell opportunities for INVESCO Institutional. Opened untapped territory, driving brand awareness and revenue $400K annually.
• Retained Clients Despite Market Downturn. Tasked with assuming additional responsibility for management of associate’s client roster. Met with clients, presenting performance reviews to individuals and financial planners. Established confidence and trust. Maintained 98% of clients in face of recession and poor portfolio performance.
• Rescuing Key Client, Avoiding Catastrophic Loss. Pivotal client threatened to move account. Assessed fund activity and market performance, conducting candid, truthful presentation to client’s board and top executives. Built confidence, forging crucial relationships with decision makers. Saved $50M account.
• As Controller, performed all of Local 701’s accounting functions, managed general investment fund of $3.3M, and acted as Network/VoIP Administrator. Led team of six, managing $5.5M budget.
• Served as un-titled Network & VoIP Administrator for Local 701.
• Technical support to 28 personnel.
• Employee on-boarding/off-boarding , procurement, inventory and overall technology mgmt.
• Technical consultant to organization.
INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENT | INDEPENDENT | JULY 2015 TO DEC. 2017
• Developed Territory. Annually reviewed policies with current holders. Ensured clients were financially protected against foreseen/unforeseen future events.
INDEPENDENT IT CONTRACTOR | LABEL INSIGHTS | JULY 2014 TO JULY 2015
• Remote position: data entry and quality assurance of digitization project.
DIRECT SALES REPRESENTATIVE | NEWWAVE COMMUNICATIONS | JULY 2012 TO SEPT. 2013
BUSINESS CONSULTANT | CLIENT: EMERICK BROS. | MARCH 2010 TO APRIL 2012
• Performed all accounting functions: Payroll, A/P, A/R, month-end/year-end closings, inventory control, asset depreciation, bank reconciliations, cash management.
• Consultant for acquisition of competitor (financial analysis).
MARKETING DIRECTOR (TAFT-HARTLEY) | INVESCO INSTITUTIONAL | JUNE 2005 TO DEC. 2006
• Drove sales and marketing within Midwestern region for INVESCO Institutional focused on union pension funds.
CONTROLLER/PENSION MANAGER | AUTOMOBILE MECHANICS’ UNION LOCAL NO. 701 | MAY 2002 TO JUNE 2005
• As Pension Fund Manager, acted as internal consultant to Local 701’s Staff Pension Fund. Interpreted pension fund guidelines and performed all reporting: LM-2, 990, 5500 and audits. Ensured DOL, IRS, ERISA, PBGC and Treasury compliance.
• Directed all fund professional’s activities, acted as Fund’s sole accountant.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking information technology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|