Tutor is not about teaching a student how to do a problem. It's my job to help you to fully understand the materials so you can work on different scenario. I was a private tutor for many students (college, high school) in Math and Chemistry in Fall and Spring 2016.
I have different techniques and methods depending on your way of study. Forcing students to memorize things is not my way of teaching.
Private tutor for 2 academic semesters (Fall and Spring 2016)
Research Assistant – Organic Synthesis Laboratory (May 2016 – Present)
Teaching Assistant – Department of Chemistry (January 2016 – Present)
97% of my students got an A as their final letter grade in the subject that I tutored them.
Primary/elementary students: $20 at the library near my house and $30 with travel with 5 miles
Organic and Chemistry Tutor: $25 at the library near my house and $35 with travel within 5 miles
Chemistry major and Biological Sciences minor undergraduate student in seek of being accepted into your Medical School to gain and apply available knowledge for M.D. and surgical career. Proven to be passionate and determined to details. Hardworking student with previous teaching experience and excellent medical observations.
University of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
Minor: Biological Sciences
Expected May 2017
Cumulative Grade-Point Average: 3.8/4.0
• Vertebrate Physiology
• Cell & Molecular Biology
• Form & Function (Lec & Lab)
• Biodiversity (Lec & Lab)
• Advanced Synthesis Lab
• Medicinal Chemistry
• Quantitative Analysis (Lec & Lab)
• General Chemistry (I &II with Lab)
• Organic Chemistry (I & II with Lab)
• Calculus Physics (I & II with Lab)
• Undergraduate Research of Organic Synthesis
• Intro Forensic Science
• Micro Human Disease
• Undergraduate Teacher Apprenticeship
May 2016 – Present: University of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA
Research Assistant – Organic Synthesis Laboratory
Assist Dr. Trudell in development of novel molecular probes to explore the molecular mechanisms of psychostimulant reward and development of new methods for C-N bond formation.
• Work in the lab average 4 – 6 hours per day, synthesizing novel compound.
• Extraction, Chromatography, Recrystallization, Distillation, NMR Spectroscopy, IR Spectroscopy.
• Be able to run my own NMR spectroscopy.
January 2016 – Present: University of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA
Teaching Assistant – Department of Chemistry
Administer Organic Chemistry recitation classes
• Tutor and Teach college students in General and Organic Chemistry (I & II)
March 2011 – August 2015: Café du Monde, New Orleans, LA
Served the customers with French Doughnuts and Café Au Lait.
January 2017 – Present: University of Medical Center, New Orleans, LA
Shadowing Dr. Ahmed, a Cardiologist, both in clinic and hospital
• Be able to earn knowledge about human body, human physiology, and diseases.
• Learned how to interact with patient and how to be a team leader.
• Be able to observe a physician performing a procedure.
Touro Infirmary – Emergency Department, New Orleans, LA May 2016 – Present
• Help transferring patients between beds, refilling medical stuffs
• Communicating with patients when needed
Magnolia Community Services, New Orleans, LA October 2015 & November 2016
• Disney Dancing with the Adults with Development Disabilities
• Celebrating a dinner and taking pictures with them
ARNO Animal Shelter, New Orleans March & September 2016
• Help walking dogs around the neighborhood
• Cleaning animal shelters
Ashton Manor Assisted Living, Luling, LA February & April 2016
• Assist the residents (elder people) in daily activites
• Entertain the residents with games and activities
Louisiana Mission of Mercy (LaMOM), New Orleans, LA January 2016
• Help setting up tables and machines
• Help escorting patients between stations
• Help faculties in organizing people and papers
“Keeping It Green” hold by NCIS New Orleans Spring & Fall 2016
• Picking up trash at City Park New Orleans
Super Science Saturday at Children Museum New Orleans Fall 2016 & Spring 2017
• Performing simple and fun experiment for kids
• Hanging out with kids at museum
Programs: Microsoft Offices (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), SBDP Viewer, Mnova NMR, Marvin Sketch, ChemDraw, NMR Spectroscopy, Elementary C++.
Languages: English, Vietnamese, Elementary Spanish.
Abilities: Customer Service, Laboratory/Research Skills, Hospitality, Tutoring, Teaching, Great Communicator, fast problem-solver.
Alpha Epsilon Delta (Pre-health Honor Society) - Secretary Fall 2015 – Present
Alpha Chi Sigma (UNO Chemistry Club) – Outreach Coordinator Fall 2015 – Present
2017 InnovateUNO Winner of Poster Presentation (1st Place) Spring 2017
Taylor Opportunity Program for Students (TOPS) Fall 2013 – Present
Undergraduate Award in Organic Chemistry Spring 2016
UNO President’s Award Fall 2015 – Summer 2016
UNO Dean’s List Award Fall 2014 – Spr 2015, Spr 2016
Nam is a trustworthy teacher because he is honest and will give his humble opinion when asked. Nam has helped me realize my potential and goals for my career. He is not only trustworthy, but also passionate about teaching. This friendly genius is able to put his understanding of a complicated ideas into simplified, easy-to-understand concepts. His self-motivation and dedication makes him an extraordinary teacher.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking organic chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$20|