I am a published author who has a knack for turning skeptics into "A" students. I begin by having my college students master the development of the basic five-paragraph essay. They write personal essays before moving on to scholarly works.
I am an English composition professor with ten years of experience engaging college students in essay writing and interview preparation. My students have succeeded in the workforce and have touched base with me to tell me.
I began my writing career in broadcasting, earning a bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism from Syracuse University. I served as a news writer and progressed into anchoring newscasts and public affairs spots. However, I love interacting with people instead of a microphone and camera, and that love drew me to my career teaching writing.
Cancellation Policy: Students will be charged a fee that is equal to a half-hour session when cancelling within 12 hours of the lesson.
English composition professor with ten years of experience developing an engaging and creative lesson plan to equip first year college students with the critical thinking and writing skills necessary for success as a student and as an employee.
Training and intervention specialist equipped to work with managers and subject matter experts to eliminate performance gaps using ADDIE and the Kirkpatrick models.
ENGLISH COMPOSITION PROFESSOR
Howard Community College, Columbia, MD 2019-present
Montgomery College, Takoma Park, MD, 2007–2013
University of Missouri, St. Louis, MO, 2006
Howard Community College, Columbia, MD 2004-2006
• Facilitate the learning process for students of a wide age range as they developed skills from writing about personal experiences to writing scholarly works
• Guide students in sentence mechanics, instructing them in the proper written expression of the English language
• Develop course agenda, creating lectures and activities to engage students
• Selected essays by renowned authors for students’ critical thinking
• Participated in team meetings to advance instructional methodology in support of the college’s goals
• Certificate in Instructional Systems Development, University of Maryland Baltimore County, MD
• M.S. in Human Resource Development, Marymount University, Alexandria, VA
• B.S. in Broadcast Journalism, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
• Canvas LMS
• Microsoft Word
• Microsoft Power Point
• Microsoft Excel
• Association for Talent Development (ATD)
• International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI)
It may seem strange that I would recommend my own mom; however, it is because of her that I am where I am today. My mother began reading to me in the womb and, by the age of 3, I was reading and writing with her assistance. I was ready to start kindergarten (early) at the age of 4. Due to the guidance and support I continued to receive from my mom, by 6th grade, I was capable of writing at a college level (according to feedback from my English teacher at that time). I continued to excel through high school and college particularly in English and foreign languages. My mom assisted me with scholarship and college application essays. I graduated at the top of my class from both high school and university. Today, I am also a language teacher. I know I would not have been a successful student or a successful teacher without my mom's constant guidance and instruction.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||Not available|