I am a Computer Science graduate and have been providing tutoring services to students from all levels starting K-12 upto college for different Math courses upto college Calculus 2. I help students understand the concept behind the problems along with practice that helps them to do well in their classes.
I was a Math Supplemental Instruction leader at the University of Houston-Downtown from January 2014 to January 2016. I have worked with all levels of Mathematics up to Calculus 2. I was also a mathematics tutor at the university from September 2012 to May 2015.
I have worked with the summer program, Houston PREP, from 2012-2016 which involves working with high school and middle school students. The summer program focuses on STEM areas and is free for the students.
KG-6th grade - $25/hr
6-12th grade- $30/hr
College students- $35/hr
Meticulous and dedicated Computer Science graduate who undertakes complex assignments and projects, meets deadlines and delivers superior performance. Organized and disciplined team player with the ability to excel in independent positions requiring minimal supervision, ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks. Fluent in English and Hindi and conversant in Punjabi and Urdu. Core competencies include:
• Program and Project Management
• Analytical Skills
• Planning and preparation
University Of Houston-Downtown (UHD), Houston, TX December 2015
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science GPA: 3.22
Awards: Grace Hopper Celebration Travel Grant (Oct 2014), Scholar’s Academy Scholarship (2012-2015), VACCINE Grant (2012), Dean’s List (2 semesters)
Understanding the role of Meditation on Human Performance
Senior Research Project, UHD Aug 2015 – Dec 2015
• Collected and analyzed physiological responses collected via non-invasive biosensors
• Determined correlations between stress levels and task performance
Visual Analytics for Command, Control, and Interoperability Environments (VACCINE)
Research for Undergraduate Programs, UHD Sept 2012 – Dec 2012
• Learned basics of constructing 3D models in Google Sketch up
Program Manager, Houston Prep, UHD Summer 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Houston PRe-freshman Enrichment Program (PREP) is a summer enrichment program for middle and high school students hosted at the UHD campus (May-Aug).
• Managed the program, enrolling 350+ students, from start to end
• Processed applicant paperwork and developed and maintained program budget
• Organized program events and scheduled Director meetings
• Supervised and trained groups of 15-18 program assistants each summer
• Mentored groups of minor students in STEM related classes
• Communicated problems and solutions regarding issues to Director and other staff
Supplemental Instruction Leader (MATH), UHD Jan 2014 – Jan 2016
• Supported college students in Mathematics classes up to Calculus II
• Remediated and retaught students outside class to aid in understanding of difficult material
Tutor, Computational and Mathematical Sciences (CMS), UHD Aug 2012 – May 2015
• Provided tutoring to college students in Mathematics classes up to Calculus II
Advancing Females to Professoriate in Computing (FemProf), Member Jan 2012 – Present
Society of Women Engineers, Member Oct 2012 – Present
NCWIT Aspirations in Computing Awards, Event Organizer Feb 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
UHD Scholars Academy, Scholar Sept 2012 – Dec 2015
UHD Mathematical Association of America (MAA), Secretary Jan 2012 – Apr 2013
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$40||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||$210||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||$450||$300|