I'm a senior Political Science major and an Educational Studies minor at Carleton College. I have strong writing skills in research paper at high school and college level. I can give both verbal and written feedback on written assignments, social sciences in particular.
I started tutoring my friends informally in 8th Grade. Since then, I have worked as volunteer English teacher at a vocational school. I have also done an original research on informal mutual insurance in rural Myanmar and have written research papers on various topics of social sciences. I have also taught full-time for two months at an alternative high school in Myanmar this past summer.
For webcam lessons, I will charge $60 for 5h and $115 for 10h.
Peter Chan Min Sang
300 N College St. (+1) (concealed information)
Northfield, MN 55057 (concealed information)
Carleton College, Northfield, MN, USA Class of 2017
• Bachelor of Arts degree, major in Political Science, Class of 2017. GPA: 3.75
Residential Assistant, Carleton College September 2014 – Present
• Plan community-building, diversity and educational programs for the residents
• Serve as an immediate source of contact for residents’ emotional and academic needs
Chin Institute of Social Science, Falam, Chin State, Myanmar July – August 2016
• Received an award from the West Fund for Service Internship for Int'l Development
• Taught Chin History full-time to a group of twenty-nine Chin high school graduates
• Provided after school English tutoring three hours/week & held advising meetings
Language Assistant, Political Economy and Ecology of Southeast Asia January – March 2015
• Assisted the Burmese language teacher & provided one-on-one and group lessons
Volunteer Teacher & Student Research Assistant, Sagaing, Myanmar July 2014
• Taught English to elementary and middle school students for approx. 2 hours/day
• Conducted anthropological research on village life in Andaw Village
Volunteer Teacher, English for Youth, Yangon, Myanmar May – December 2012
• Taught English to twenty high school students at a vocational school 1 hour/week
Carleton Student Association Senator, Carleton College September 2015 – June 2016
• Served in Education & Curricular Committee (ECC) to oversee academic policy changes
• Served in a subcommittee within ECC to investigate if Carleton should have minors
Student Researcher, Sagaing, Myanmar June – July 2015
• Received Professor Roy F. Grow Fellowship to conduct research on mutual insurance
• Presented the research with Prof. Kent Freeze at Midwest Political Science Association
Intern, Center for Economic and Social Development, Myanmar March – April 2014
• Assisted two researchers to assess the government’s attempt to decentralize power
• Helped coordinate a research field trip to Pathein, Ayeyarwaddy Region
Languages: English (Fluent), Burmese (Native), German (Basic Reading and Listening)
Computer: Microsoft Office Suite, R Studio
reading lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest Homework help to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, Resume / Cover letter writing prep for all!
Taking Dissertation and thesis writing preparation has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$16||Not available||$13|
|5 hours||$70||Not available||$65|
|10 hours||$125||Not available||$130|