Learning is about trust, passion, and friendship. I approach teaching math with an emphasis on adaptability and flexibility and to instill a love for learning. To do this, I encourage students to think more deeply about math and to make connections between the class material and the real world. I understand that every student learns differently, and I have extensive experience adjusting my teaching style to ensure the classes are engaging, interesting, and most importantly effective for the students. Through positive reinforcement, the freedom of expression, and a friendly conversational approach, I teach students with the hope that I can help them overcome challenges, feel comfortable asking me for help, and be successful.
I have 3 years of teaching experience in both scholastic and extracurricular environments. I have been helping students from elementary school to high school succeed through "Rhythm in Place" and "Quarantutors" since July 2020 in both private and group settings. Additionally, I tutored students at Shady Side Academy as a math tutor and peer writing consultant for three years. In my work, I emphasize flexibility and adapt my teaching style to the learning style of the student—tailoring my lessons to help meet the student's personal needs and goals.
When I work with students, I am open to late-notice rescheduling or cancellations of classes. As a result, my schedule is often flexible, and the students and I can collaborate to work out a schedule around their school workload and schedule. Depending on the goals of the student as well as what the student would like to get out of the lessons (original content, help with homework, practice/reinforcement, a combination of these, etc.), the rate is variable. I will determine the rate on a case-by-case basis, so please reach out to me if you are interested so we can discuss what the plan would look like. I look forward to meeting and working with you!
• A+ average in AP Calculus BC, Pre-calculus, Trigonometry, Geometry, and Algebra
• 3 years of peer tutoring experience as an in-person school math tutor and a trained school peer writing consultant
• 1 year of out-of-school tutoring experience in both private and group settings as a virtual voice tutor for Rhythm in Place, a non-profit organization offering music tutoring services to students from around the world
• Educational experience content designer intern with WorldlyXP, a virtual gap year platform designed to provide gap-year students with engaging educational experiences during the pandemic
• Partnerships manager for Quarantutors, a non-profit organization offering school-subject tutoring services to students from around the world, where I identified outstanding tutor applicants for consideration
• 800 SAT Math Section Scorer
• Recipient of the Rensselaer Medal Award, awarded to high school juniors excelling at math and science
• Admitted to Harvard College
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|