As a student myself, I give lessons and tutoring to other students (high school and younger college students) who are learning lower levels of the language. My techniques will be dependent on what I am specifically teaching, but I generally like to make things fun by including activities and games in my lesson plans. I am friendly and always happy to help and answer any questions you have, as well as clarifying anything that you may be stuck with.
I am a third year student at San Jose State University. I have been speaking French for about 16 years. I currently have a minor in French, and am working towards a major. I have spent about a year tutoring French at my high school, as part of my French Honour's Society duties. At this time, I was only doing one-on-one tutoring. At my university, I have worked as a peer educator, where I held study sessions for the students of the class I was assigned and helped them to improve their grades. I did this by clarifying anything that they were confused about, helping them edit their essays (I also had students proofread each other's work) and preparing activities and games to help them study for exams. The class I was assigned for this role had 40 students.
If a student cannot make it to a session, I request that they give notice as much in advance as possible.
• West Hatch High School, UK. 2012 - 2015.
• Evergreen Valley High School, 3300 Quimby Road, San Jose, CA, 95148 2015 - 2018
- Diploma, 2018 (GPA - 3.2)
- Honors: French Honors Society
• San Jose State University – current (GPA: 3.5)
- B.A. French Language (in progress)
- B.A. Sociology – concentration in social interaction (in progress)
• Raging Waters San Jose (May 2018 – July 2018)
- Greeted guests and scanned tickets at the gate.
- Issued season passes
- Assisted guests with malfunctions / difficulties with lockers.
- Provided directions, answered questions, ensured guests had an enjoyable experience
• Evergreen Valley High School (September 2016 – May 2018)
- Assisted high school French department with after school tutoring for struggling students
- Identified areas for improvement, clarified concepts, evaluated learning goals.
• Evergreen Village Square Farmers Market (May 2016 – February 2017)
- Assisted with market administration and distribution of welfare vouchers/food stamps
- Distributed and collected administration paperwork from stallholders.
• Food Handlers Training completed
• H&M Oakridge (December 2019 – February 2020).
- Ran fitting rooms
- Ran clothes from fitting rooms
- Tidied and closed departments.
• San Jose State University: Peer Connections (July 2020 – December 2020)
- Worked as a peer educator (known as a Supplemental Instruction leader).
- Held study sessions twice a week for the students of the class
- Clarified any material that they were confused about
- Helped them peer edit essays
- Prepared activities for them to help them understand the material better and study for exams
french lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$23|