I have a great deal of patience and am happy to answer the same question multiple times if necessary. I prefer that the student "drive" to get better acquainted with the subject matter. This helps to reinforce the subject matter and will provide a better learning experience.
I have been an IT professional for the last fifteen years, been building my own PCs since 2001, I am A+ certified and eight of my fifteen years were spent on a helpdesk. I am still learning everyday and enjoy being able to share my experience.
Relevant Professional Experience and Qualifications
NTT Data Services Federal, LLC. System Support Analyst 01/2013 – Present
Assigned to the Volpe National Transportation Systems Center, providing backend services
- Administer McAfee Epolicy Orchestrator 5.1.0 & Endpoint Encryption 7.2.1 software
- Administering and managing Blackberry UEM & GOOD Control servers for mobile devices
- Setup, configure and ensure network connectivity of servers
- Administration of user accounts and services
Actionet Inc. Network/Dekstop Analyst II 05/2005 – 12/2012
Assigned to the Volpe National Transportation Systems Center, providing deskside, remote and phone support to user base of 1200 people.
- Administer McAfee Endpoint Encryption 5.2.12 server and software
- Managing and assigning call tickets for Helpdesk techs
- Setup, configure and ensure network connectivity of workstations and laptops
Lowell Street Tech, IT Consultant 05/2004 –Present
Owner operated IT consulting company offering inhome technical support to clients
- Providing in-home and phone support to clients
- Providing training in Microsoft applications for clients
- Advising on design and expansion of home computer systems
Randstad, Administrative Assistant 05/2004 –04/2005
Assigned as a temporary administrative assistant at Fiduciary Trust Company.
- Providing administrative support for trust officiers
- Performed analysis of Client Services department affairs
Help Unlimited Temps, Inc. 1999 - 2004
Over a period of 5 years completed various long term contract assignments in different industries in the Washington D.C. area such as:
Wilmer Cutler Pickering LLP 2003 – 2004
- Performed external website maintenance
Resources for the Future 2003
- Assisted manager with operations of Finance and Administration department
- Assisted in preparation of proposals for research grants
- Maintained a database with research grant information
Drolet & Associates PLLC 2001 – 2003
- Point of contact for clients
- Tracked and recorded time and expenses for firm
- Office manager/administrative assistant for firm
McKinsey & Company, Inc. 1999 – 2001
- Ran database reports via proprietary reporting software.
- Responsible for populating Access database with purchase information via IT department.
- Audited expense reports and time sheets.
- Tracked and recorded hours for 200+ office staff.
The Education Resources Institute Boston, MA 1994 – 1999
- Assisted collections department with day to day operations
J. Riggings Danvers, MA 1990 – 1994
- Managed day to day operation of a mens clothing store
- Managed small staff of sales clerks
Levinsky’s Inc. Portland, ME 1985 – 1991
Shift Supervisor/Sales Clerk
- Managed small staff of sales clerks
- Stocked shelves, assisted customers
Technical Knowledge: (be specific)
Operating Systems: Microsoft operating systems
Databases: McAfee Endpoint Encryption database
Help Desk Applications: HEAT, Remedy
Backup Tools: Microsoft backup, Symantec Netbackup 7.6.1
Mobile devices: Palm Treo, RIM Blackberry handhelds, Android handhelds, Apple handhelds
Software: Microsoft Office, Symantec Ghost & Endpoint antivirus, Antispyware programs including Spybot Search and Destroy, Malwarebytes
Working toward an Associates degree at Bunker Hill Community College with expected completion in December 2019
basic computer lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest windows lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, PC lessons for all!
Taking learn to build a pc lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$12||$12|