Content area, methodology, English, math Social studies, and science. Study and goal planning
- at his home
- at your home
BS degree Elementary Education Eastern CT State University Cum Laud. Graduate degree special education Saint Joseph College.
Chair person of epsilon nu chapter of Kappa Delta Pi a honor society for Educators
Teacher of Year two consecutive years at The Archdiocesan Schools of greater Hartford
Advanced Technical Certificate
College / University
ALEXANDER J. CISZEK
53 Bel-Air Drive
Plainville, CT 06062
(concealed information) Home
(concealed information) Cell
• Proven Team Builder and Leader: Implemented and operated World Class Systems in a lean manufacturing environment (JIT, Kanban, Kaizen, Cellularization, Pull Production, Value Stream Mapping, Seven Wastes, Hands-on Implementation, Toyota Production Systems, One Piece Flow, Mix Model, 5S and 6 Sigma Green Belt). Record of successful team endeavors in areas of customer support and project management. Honored by senior management for professional accomplishments.
• Twenty Years of Effective Management Experience: Strong interpersonal talents. Adapts to new and changing environments. Sound decision making and problem solving skills. Extensive tooling design, unigraphics and composites experience. Twenty years as a Manufacturing Engineer with extensive experience with Nickel, Steel, exotic metals, jet engines, large metal parts.
• Twenty Years of Diversified Manufacturing Experience: Knowledge of a wide variety of process development and improvement techniques, limited production and prototype manufacturing environments and diverse contract requirements.
• Highly Motivated, Confident, and Results Driven: Committed to personal growth and excellence. Complex and diverse in experience and skills. Computer literate (SAP, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel 6) with cogent public speaking/presentation skills. Performs well under pressures and urgent conditions. Fast track orientation.
• Extensive Experience in Multiple Industries: Intelligent, quick learner with industrial experience in space systems, aerospace, sheet metal (copper and steel) rolling and finishing, ABS production. Extensive experience with Nickel, Steel, exotic metals, jet engines, large metal parts and training. Hands on Leader who is self-directed, self-motivated, and thrives in an autonomous environment
Substitute Teaching 02/2016-Present
Substitute teaching on a long term and per diem bases at local districts including but not limited to West Hartford, Newington and Rocky Hill
Independent Contractor / Consultant 02/2009- 02/2016
Prepares and executes all protocols and reports for validation work. Coordinate all validation activities by constant communication with related departments and personnel; oversees and reviews validation area processes and procedures Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Extensive work with AS 9100, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, Supplier Quality, AS 9102 FA1, and Root Cause & Corrective Action
DRS TECHNOLOGIES- Danbury, CT 9/23/2007-2/2009
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Responsible for process improvement, Design for Manufacturability for a “one-off” elevator systems for Aircraft Carriers. Steering Team Leader for Process Improvement Management with cross functional members on the Danbury campus. This team is charged with identifying critical business issues and leading process improvement activities. Electronic Experience both Mydata and manual assemblies(PCB ,Electro Mechanical Assembly to IPC, NHB J-STD and NASA Standards).Manufacturing Engineering Process Development Design for Manufacturability Procedure writing /Standard Work . Buyer for Hamilton –ITT and DRS. Worked in Space Lab Development and Top Secrete Development. Problem resolution achieved by embracing “grass roots to Senior Management”. Facilitated and taught PFMEA and Design for Manufacturability. Vast knowledge of Tooling and Fixture design. Implemented and Sustained ANSI / ESD S20.20 Specs. Has skills or experience in process mapping, Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, project management, building resource tools, management reports, etc…
Tsubaki Roller Chain Div.-Holyoke, MA 10/04/2006-9/23/2007 Production Supervisor-
Assembly production management of Made to Order Chain. Driver of lean initiatives. Reduced material handling “muda” waste by 65% through the establishment of cells and embracing the Toyota Flow concept. KanBan set up for common parts. Increased available parts from 75% to 96% by setting up Point of use. Moved from a batch and queue mindset to a cellular flow /pull layout
Pratt& Whitney- East Hartford, Ct 02/ 01/ 2006- 10 / 04/ 2006
Vanes Inlets and Struts for F119 & F100 Engines. Managed Crew of 20 Union Employees Precision CNC machining. Nigata, Okuma Mitusi Seki machining rotating parts +/-.002 Manufacturing of titanium vanes inlets & struts for jet engines, using Unigraphics for tooling design, the bonding process used was fusion bonding, also Argon bubble welding. Applied Lean Manufacturing Techniques, reviewed existing manufacturing process and practices, modify/add/omit/change
sequence, tools, operations, layout, etc. to enhance the manufacturing practice in terms of time, quality, work atmosphere, cross-training. Convene Kaizen events. All these efforts drove two Cells under my Leadership from Bronze to Silver in the tower of Achieving Competitive Excellence
LEGO SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL (LSI) - Enfield, CT 03/ 2002 -02/ 2006
Weekend Team Manager
Managed crew of 180 non-exempt employees with responsibility for through-put, quality, safety, and product integrity. Responsible for hydraulics, pneumatics, AC/DC current, supply chain management, cross functional organizational skills, on a 48 hour rotational period. Applied analytical tools in Inventory Mgmt/Planning, process mapping and cost modeling. LEGO Systems, Inc., Certificate of Excellence, Green Belt Lean Sigma Curriculum. Green Belt project: Initiate, Implement, and sustain a Global Kan Ban for commodities
HAMILTON SUNDSTRAND SPACE SYSTEMS INT’L, Windsor Locks, CT 06/1997 – 10/2002
Sr. Analyst Materials, Space Systems Purchasing, 2002
•Maintained purchase order delivery performance to achieve overall quality performance of 80% for General Procurement.
• Performed DFM for the cells to manufacture starters for jet engines (Rolls Royce & Pratt & Whitney), material selection (exotic metals, Inconel, titanium, platinum), for brazing surfaces together for heat exchangers of the aircraft / for NASA.
• Conducted on-site supplier visits to obtain and monitor on-time deliveries ensuring compliance with overall operations scheduling requirements.
• Reviewed SRI (Supplier Request for Information) on a daily basis. Assisted buyers to reduce backlog of open SRI’s to maintain targeted 15 working day average response time.
•ROHS : Restriction of hazardous Substances
•REACH: Registration , Evaluation Authorization , and Restriction of Chemicals, Objectives
1) Improve the protection of human Health and the Environment from risks that can be posed by chemicals
2) Enhance the competitiveness of the EU chemicals industry, a key sector for the economy of the EU
3) Promote alternatives methods for the assessment and of hazards of substances
4) Ensure the free circulation of substances on the internal market of the European Union .
•ECHA: European Chemical Agency “6/2007 Helsinki”
•ISO 14001 International Environmental Management Standards
Supervisor, Manufacturing/Production/Industry Methods and Standards, 2001-2002
• Achieved Competitive Excellence (ACE) Bronze Status with Crews–Electrical Fabrication/Acoustics/Vibration/Metrology.
• Improved throughput to 96% efficiency from 50% through the Gage Recall System.
• Responsible for calibration and application of instrumentation to flight worthy NASA products and Virginia Class Submarines. Direct Supervision of hourly calibration, electronics and test stand support laboratories including (but not limited to) temperature, pressure, flow, strain gage, and electronics.
• Received high performance reviews, exceeding or surpassing all expectations as a supervisor.
Supervisor, Laboratory, 1998-2001Planned, directed and assessed all quality and production issues on second and third shift. Electro Mechanical assemblies to NHB and J Standards.
Honored by Astronaut Dr. Gerald Grunsfeld for the team’s performance and support with the EMU, as he did the EVA to upgrade the Hubbell Telescope.
• Achieved “World Class Supplier” title, as leader of Grassroots Safety Team. Honored by Dr. Fred Gregory, director of NASA flight safety.
• Designed and implemented Shift Turnover Communications System, resulting in a cost saving of 300k which demonstrated the ability to identify problems, coordinate recovery plans and track to completion.
• Honored by Senior Management for outstanding Supervision and leadership of 48 direct reports.
• Planned, directed and coordinated all activities necessary to meet production schedules and quality requirements keeping management advised of progress or unusual difficulties.
• Enforced all corporate, division and departmental rules, regulations and procedures.
• Performed other related supervisory and administrative duties such as Kronos as directed by superior and in accordance with the overall requirements of the facility. QC/PC project award from Mr. Ito for Jet Engine Starter Cell.
Shop Supervisor, 1997-1998
•Managed all mechanical operations on props assembly floor. Supervised team of 40 associates
•Served as guidance team leader for Safety Culture Change Initiative, which reduced lost time and OSHA recordable incidents by 45%. Resulted in a 250K savings per year.
•Planned, directed, and assessed assembly and test activities.
•Set Up and Managed “Starter Cell” Improved throughput to 99% efficiency from 50%.
Special Process Tech IV, 1997
Inspector, Heat Treat, Coating and Plating.
MILLER COMPANY, Meriden, CT 03/1989 -05/1997
Supervisor, Rolling Mill/Annealing/Finishing/Shipping.
COLD METAL PRODUCTS, New Britain, CT08/1983 – 03/1989
Supervisor, Primary slitting, edging oscillating, electro copper/tin plating, rolling mills, 4 high Z Mill, temper mill, receiving and layout, and shipping.
HARTFORD ARCHDIOCESE SCHOOLS, Hartford, CT 08/1975 – 06/1983 Middle School Teacher, Science and Math
EDUCATION: Candidate for MBA, University of Hartford, Barney School of Business, Hartford, CT, spring 2019
ACE Program, Ito University, UTC Learning Center, East Hartford, CT
BS, Eastern Connecticut State University, Willimantic, CT 06/1975
• Ford Motor Company, Human Resources Development Center: Eight Disciplines, Problem Solving, Statistical Tools, and Team Work
• TUV Certificate DAR ISO 9001/ANSI/ASQC
• Materials Engineering Institute of A.S.M. International Metallurgy Course
• Management Development Program CBIA; Team Orientated Problem Solving; Continuous Improvement Supervisory Skills; Safety Sampling Training (extensive EH&S); Situational Leadership I, and II
• GREEN BELT training Vision: Be recognized by our Customers as the industry leader in Cost, Quality and Delivery Performance through relentless pursuit of Continuous Improvement and Employee involvement
8D (Eight Disciplines of Problem Solving) is a meticulous process used to solve
complex problems. This is a popular method for problem solving be reasonably
easy to teach and effective. 8D uses composite problem solving methodology, by
borrowing tools and techniques from various approaches. The original 8D process
was pioneered by Ford Motor Company and called TOPS (Team Oriented
Problem Solving). The process is documented on a form with attachments;
You should take lessons with me because not only will I teach you, I will make sure you understand it as well.I hated when...
Learning happens best when we use our creativity and clarify goals. I’ll work with you to strengthen the areas that are...
I am a qualified and 15 year experienced teacher. I have taught many subjects through K-12, including adults in the...
Following are elaborations on how I approach and regulate my research supervision experience: Synchronizing the study...
I have been teaching since 2004 and have an Ed.M in TESOL, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. I have taught...
I believe that every child learns differently and it is our job as teachers to find out what their way is and make education...
My teaching method is online. I will give you a lecture online base and also send you an offline lesson if you needed. I...
My teaching style varies with every student. The need of a student is my first observation and based on that I prepare...
Each student is different, so I work at the student’s pace to ensure their understanding of concepts and lessons, and...
-Lessons adapted for middle and high school students -Adapt at creating learning plans based on the student's strength and...
I champion a Socratic method of teaching, ensuring that my students are consistently engaged and fully comprehending and...
I'm a Montessori lead toddler teacher with approximately 7 years of classroom experience. I've assisted with the teaching...
I can help with high school level English and Math (algebra) and below. I like to use a steady approach when helping with...
One of my post-secondary endeavors include psychology allowing me to understand the brain and its functions including how we...
My teaching method is .. FUN! I change methods based on the students needs but I always incorporate fun approaches to...
The "Workshop Approach" is used to engage students in learning. The authentic act of thinking and doing is modeled -...
I like to teach children from grade 1 to grade 8 because I have mastered most of those skills and feel comfortable teaching...
My belief is that every student can succeed. I also believe that there is no real learning without a real relationship;...
Every class is going to be different and students learn in different ways. Also students don’t want a boring tutor session...
I believe that children learn best by doing so I teach with a hands on method. I also feel that developing a relationship...
Katherine creates custom individualized lesson plans for each student’s needs and goals and collaborates with teachers and...
Describe the problem encountered on this ad