I approach topics by first learning about my students interests. I then incorporate their interests, along with real world application, into the learning material . My focus is to engage attention and increase ability to grasp concepts as a whole (versus pure memorization techniques). As an accountant by trade and science nerd for fun, I integrate concepts learned in math and science into my everyday life and hope to help students learn to do the same.
I am a certified public accountant (CPA) with a master of science degree in taxation and a love for math and science. I have a passion for education, and a goal to help students not only learn, but enjoy learning (especially subjects they may not otherwise enjoy).
Deloitte Tax LLP, Milwaukee, WI
International Tax Manager June 2017 –Present
• Manage teams of 5 to 20 individuals working on various projects while organizing schedules, establishing clear direction, promoting proactivity, and providing educational trainings
• Effectively prioritize and multi-task through completion of a variety of tasks including research and consulting projects related to international and Federal tax planning and law guidance (related to Title 26) in fast-paced and high-change environment, including working solely in virtual environment for past six months
• Demonstrate proficient computer and technology skills with a wide range of software including Microsoft Office suite, Federal and State law research engines, various phone applications, and a multitude of accounting-based and data-management software
• Communicate with individuals and groups from a variety of backgrounds and statuses including clients, co-workers, international offices, and government officials
• Correspond on a daily basis through various means such as formal meetings, networking events, conference discussions, memorandums, and e-mail
• Achieved highest performance rating in every yearly review
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, Milwaukee, WI
Senior Tax Accountant August 2016 – June 2017
Associate Tax Accountant September 2014 – August 2016
• Designed various Microsoft excel based data management worksheets and programs to handle a wide variety of accounting, tax, and client data
• Researched a variety of client specific tax issues by reading and understanding various Federal, state, and international laws and regulations
• Corresponded with state and federal governments by means of written and verbal communications in relation to a variety of notices
• Operated in client-facing roles such as formal meetings, networking events, conference discussions, memorandums, and e-mail correspondence
• Experienced with research and accounting-based software and demonstrated ability to adapt and learn new software quickly and efficiently
Bed Bath & Beyond, Mequon, WI
Customer Service and Department Manager August 2009 – September 2015
• Held trainings for all employees (both in groups and individually) to learn about products, customer service, and workplace ethics
Licenses: Certified Public Accountant – Wisconsin
Masters of Science in Taxation – University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, December 2014
Bachelors of Science in Accounting – Mount Mary College, May 2013
Volunteer work -
Tutor for ESL, mathematics, and career focused college preparation
Personal Readings and Research –
• Independent reading and research on a variety of academic topics including mathematics, quantum physics, molecular biology, DNA, philosophy, history, and nature with specific interest in improving education through the understanding of connection between these topics.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|