My tutoring style is patient, flexible, supportive and highly communicative. I tend to emphasize principles and concepts over rules and memorization. I use metaphor, analogy, pictures, and words as much as symbols and equations to both explain material and help solve problems. I try to help students get away from a plug-and-chug mentality; the ability to effectively select and use the right tools for a problem follows from a solid understanding of the concepts involved, and not the other way around.
Abu Bakar Lamin
I have been tutoring for the last 7 years
I have taught over 100 students
Assisted over 10 students improve their test scores by 40%.
Developed multiple strategies and skills in order to improve and reach personal score goals in their assessments.
$150 for 5 hour lessons
$350 for 10 hour lessons
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
An entry level position or research opportunity that will enable me to use my critical thinking skills and regard for detail to additionally build up my abilities in the field of software engineering.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, C++, Python
Howard Community College Columbia, MD 01/2016 – Present
• Experienced in working with and teaching children ages 13-40 has prepared me to work with any age group.
• Monitored student performance and provided feedback for improvements.
• Maintained records of each tutoring session.
• Reviewed and recommended improvements to instructional materials.
• Communicated student performances and concerns to Department Head.
Mathnasium Ellicott City, MD 01/2016-05/2020
• Assisted over 10 students improve their test scores by 40%.
• Developed multiple strategies and skills in order to improve and reach personal score goals in their assessments.
• Provided guidance to students to improve academic performance.
• Attended tutor training sessions as directed by department head.
• Maintained student’s progress and attendance reports.
• Addressed students queries in a timely manner.
University of Maryland, College Park, MD
Howard Community College, Columbia, MD 2012-
Graduate, General Studies, Reservoir High School, Fulton, MD 2012
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|