- Hourly rate $50
- Response Time 24h
1st lesson free!
Doctorate in rhetoric and linguistics from the University of Southern California with an MA in English from San Jose State University.
- Chez le professeur
- at your home
About the lesson
My last two books have focused on the failure of public and higher education. Lower standards, reduced time spent on studying, "one size fits all" approach to education, and grade inflation have turned out schools into warehouses that fail to challenge students to do their best. The reality is that each student is different, and an effective teacher gauges their strengths and weaknesses and targets both to help each student reach his or her potential. Furthermore, having taught both high school and university students, I recognize that the typical curriculum in English and writing fails to prepare students for the demands of a college major and ultimately for a career. In my work, I have ensured that my individualized instruction does.
- Academic English
- All Levels
Let me offer some comments from my student evaluations.
1. "The university is incredibly fortunate to have Dr. Williams as a writing teacher. There is no way I though I would be saying this prior to taking his course, but through his strict yet extremely helpfulguidance, my writing has improved beyond what I though possible."
2. I really appreciate that Dr. Wiliiams teachers this course because my writing skills improved significantly through the semester, and other professor noticed m progress in writing. His feedback is always clear and timely.
3. Thank you very much.
4. I really enjoyed working with Dr. Williams. His true intentions are to improve students academically and socially.
5. Dr. Williams pushes students to achieve their potential. He challenged me every class to be better than I thought I could be. His office was always open, whether students need help or wanted just to talk about life.
6. Dr. Williams' class is the only one on campus that really prepared students for their senior capstone and graduate-level writing. This course was excellent, and I consider it one of the best I have ever taken.
7. Dr. Williams challenged us not only to become better writers but to become better people.
- 5h: $250
- 10h: $500