I like to encourage active recall and spaced repetition. This is the most effective learning method and I find that prompting students makes them more academically capable but also more confident which will aid in higher education.
I'm an economics student studying at the University of Edinburgh, from London. I took Economics, History and Mathematics for A level, as well as French for AS level. I also studied Sociology, Media, French as well as other required GCSEs, so I can offer tutoring for those subjects too.
I am a highly motivated student, seeking work opportunities, to gain experience and advance my skills for a future career. I’m interested in leveraging my professionalism, and I believe I can positively contribute to any work place, adapting quickly to new standards, and using my communica- tion skills to maximise benefit from a valuable experience. Furthermore I have a unique perspective on the world from being born in India, living in Dubai, being brought up in London, and study- ing in Edinburgh- allowing me to understand diverse perspectives and cultures and improving my interpersonal skills.
Second year student at the University of Edinburgh, studying towards an Economics degree A-levels at Drayton Manor High School: Maths - A, Economics- A, History- A*, EPQ - A, French at AS level - B
GCSEs at Drayton Manor High School: Maths - A, English - A, Science - A
- communication skills, maintaining calm and composed when communicating, and clearly getting my message across, friendly, polite
- written communication
- bilingual (fluent in English - speaking and writing/reading, Gujarati - speaking, learned French to AS level), also able to understand Hindi and Marathi
- time management skills from my studies
- proficient in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel etc.), and Apple software (Pages, Keynote etc.)
- working with peers in an understanding manner, yet still being able to compromise and present new ideas
- presentation skills from doing various presentations at secondary school
- efficiency; through having to balance revision, work, and a social life I am constantly trying to find new efficient methods of doing my everyday tasks
- social media skills, which I believe to be quite important in this day and age, as many companies wish to take their marketing into the social media platform
Previous Work Experience:
Beauty and Style Edit - Beauty and Social Media intern, October 2018-current
WHSmith; Sales assistant, had to leave soon after starting the job due to a university offer in a dif- ferent city
YMCA - Charity work, volunteered on shop floor for 6 months, 2015-2016
Catalyst Housing - worked in the Ealing office for brief work experience, Summer 2014
Esquires Coffee House - worked in Shepherds Bush location for brief work experience, Summer 2014
West Middlesex Tennis Club - summers working with kids to improve tennis skills
School events - open evenings, communicating with parents and children
I have several hobbies aside from the immense interest I have for my education, To name a few; tennis, photography and fashion. I’ve been playing tennis for 10 years now, and have spent a few summers coaching- this has developed my teamwork skills and leadership skills. I enjoy travelling as well as exploring my hometown and this has contributed to my cultural knowledge and attitude to diversity. Fashion has been an interest of mine since I was very young, and it has allowed me to channel my creative energy, and express myself.
economics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest microeconomics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, macroeconomics lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|