As an education professional with more than twelve years of experience working with children, I am eager to return to the workforce and am thus submitting my application. With my unique and extensive experience in providing solid education, implementing and planning lessons, and leading an assortment of other academic-based projects, I feel excited and more than prepared for the challenges and opportunities that come with this role.
Throughout my career, I have worked extensively in environments with diverse populations of individuals of all ages, working to stably advance youths both academically and socially via innovative, integrated group efforts.
Former NYC Department of Education Teacher
My responsibilities included (but were not limited to ) -
Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
Develop schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
Provide appropriate feedback on work.
Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
Prepare required reports on students and activities.
Participate in department, school, district and parent meetings.
Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student
Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
Prepare classroom for class activities.
Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
Observe and evaluate student's performance and development.
Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments
Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
Encourage parent and community involvement, obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls
and answer emails.
Participate in appropriate professional activities.
Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations as directed
Rates vary based on the student's level and travel time
Experienced educator with more than 12 years’ proven capability in managing situations and obtaining excellent results with minor supervision. Dedicated to going above and beyond to establish strong, supportive professional relationships, as well as operating consistently with diplomacy and compassion. Practiced with youths and adults, organizing programs and lesson plans as relevant to ascertain an outstanding learning and working environment.
Areas of Expertise
• Teaching & Tutoring
• Classroom Management
• Diverse Communication
• Curriculum Planning • Critical Thinking
• Parent/Student Counseling
• Extracurricular Preparation
• Interpersonal Relationships • Progress Reports
• Tactful Diplomacy
• Student Organization
Key Skills Assessment________________________________________
CLASSROOM AND STUDENT MANAGEMENT – Proficient in leading classes and advising parents and students, while building open communication relationships as well as ensuring effective time usage and progress.
LESSON PLANNING AND EVENT COORDINATION – Actively facilitating events in and out of school, along with creating and implementing dynamic, interactive lesson plans for the advancement of students academically and socially.
P.S. 124 OSMOND A. CHURCH, SOUTH OZONE PARK, NY Sept. 2002 – May 2015
• Developed and implemented lesson plans to educate youths of multiple academic levels and ethnic backgrounds with definitive growth.
• Executed workshops and supportive school programs for improvement of student literacy.
• Proven success in engaging students with interactive role-playing exercises.
• Handled delicate matters with parents and students alike, corresponding regularly and efficiently.
SITE DIRECTOR FOR SPORTS & ARTS IN SCHOOLS FOUNDATION (Mar. 2005 – June 2005)
• Directed extracurricular activities for elementary school students.
• Ensured paperwork, such as for payroll, was organized and reached the appropriate destination.
KIDS ON THE MOVE, QUEENS, NY Nov. 2002 – June 2003
• Composed curriculum with a team, focusing on integrative dance/movement to engage students in a successful hands-on approach.
PLAYMATE NURSERY, INC., QUEENS, NY Sept. 2001 – June 2002
• Supervised and educated 40 ethnically diverse pre-kindergarten students in social mannerisms and basic academics.
• Maintained daily communication with parents/guardians and managed updates on students’ progress.
NATIONAL SORORITY OF PHI DELTA KAPPA INC., JAMAICA, NY JUNE 1997 – AUG. 1999
• Tutored students (ages 7-13) in the Educational Center as part of the “Big Sister” program, focusing on reading/writing, comprehension, math, science, social studies, and other fundamentals.
• Created thorough progress reports, chaperoned students on educational outings, and frequently interacted with parents/guardians.
Education & Training
Master of Science in Education, University of New England, Biddeford, ME (summa cum laude)
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, CUNY – York College, Queens, NY (magna cum laude)
Florida Department of Education Professional Educator’s Certificate
First Aid CPR AED Certificate (American Heart Association)
Marisa-Sue is an excellent teacher. She has worked with both of my boys, ages 11 and 13, and she has been able to explain things in a way that they understand. She is patient and takes the time to review the information so the boys can process it and then explain it back to her. She has been a blessing! I highly recommend Marisa-Sue!
Homework help close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$45||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||$180||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||$375||$300|