I tutored writing in college, then taught English, History, and high-stakes exam prep at NYC's largest charter network.
My students have achieved outstanding results on Common Core State Tests (Top 1% in state in 2014 and 2016) and SAT exams (97th percentile average in 2017).
My approach will help you (A) understand challenges of content area (B) develop a personalized plan of attack that will improve your performance and (C) leave you with a set of transferrable skills for life!
I am an educator with a passion for motivating and maximizing student potential. I graduated from Vanderbilt with a 3.7 GPA, where I studied History and tutored writing. Next, I completed Teach for America in Baltimore, where I taught 10th and 12th grade ELA. Finally, I worked as a teacher and school leader at NYC's largest charter network. I am switching careers but eager to continue teaching in private settings!
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN ● Class of 2011
- Bachelor of Arts in American History and Communication Studies
- Dean’s List: Fall 2007 - Spring 2011, 3.7 GPA
- Vanderbilt Rugby 4-year member and 1-year Captain
Teach for America Corps Member ● 2011-2013
- Grappled with the challenges faced by Baltimore’s inner-city community. Designated as a “model teacher."
- Founded, recruited, and coached the high school’s first rugby team.
Middle School Teacher at Success Academy Harlem Central ● 2013 – 2015
- Earned highest standardized test outcomes in NYC charter sector – top 1% in the state.
- Developed curriculum and wrote playbook for a highly engaging History course.
Founding Team Lead at Success Academy High School ● 2015 – 2017
- Promoted to school leadership
- Built systems and processes that empowered team of new hires to work in unison towards academic goals.
- Won the Network’s 2016 Excellence Award for Ethos in a field of over 2,000 employees.
Lead Advisor at Success Academy ● 2017 – 2018
- Earned promotion after achieving excellent results as a school leader.
- Built capacity around design pillars by utilizing data as primary vehicle for change management.
- Directly managed teacher performance against academic and culture goals
essay writing lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest Test prep to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literacy lessons for all!
Taking english literature lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|