I tutor students of all ages from around the world. I had the opportunity to master my instructional techniques while working with one of the most outstanding foreign language departments in the country. I use the Personalized Learning Instructional Model to motivate students to reach their goals, whether it be to improve reading, writing, listening, or speaking skills, or to improve their performance and grades in the classroom. I am there every step of the way to help students be successful in learning the English language. As tutors and teachers, it is critical to "personalize" the content of a lesson in order to motivate students and improve language acquisition. I bring my lessons to life by engaging students and connecting the content to their personal lives.
I am a licensed teacher with over 10 years of experience teaching English in the Public Schools system. I have helped students from around the world both in person and online improve there English skills. I cater all of my lessons to meet the unique objectives of each student. Whether it be to improve your speaking skills, improve your writing, or help to prepare for a job interview, I am here to help.
South Riding, VA 20152
Professional ESL teacher with a passion for student learning and over ten years experience in a
primary & secondary education environment. Exemplary teaching skills and creative instruction
abilities in kids education.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
My Culture Connect - Changhua County, Taiwan
August 2020 to Present
• Planning and conducting English language lessons online for grades primary through high school with
classes averaging between 5 to 10 students
• Using online learning tools on digital platforms successfully to maximize student performance.
• Interacting with students 3 to college age to improve oral communication
• Creating and implementing lesson plans focused on improving grammar, reading, writing, and speaking
• Monitoring and assessing students' work
Nevy's Language - Toronto, ON
September 2020 to January 2021
• Preparing immigrants to the United States and Canada for English interview, citizenship and
• Teaching beginner to advanced conversational English online to adults 10 hours a week
• Using authentic materials and realia creatively on various digital platforms to enhance student learning
J Michael Lunsford Middle School - Chantilly, VA
September 2014 to June 2019
• Creating engaging and individualized lesson plans empowering all students to reach their full potential
• Implementing effective assessment strategies and providing relearning opportunities enabling all
students to meet high academic standards
• Utilizing effective classroom management techniques to ensure student learning
• Maintaining consistent communication with parents in monitoring student progress
• Transitioning from classroom to online learning successfully after Covid 19
Freedom High School / John Champe High School / River Bend Middle School / Belmont Ridge Middle
School - Various Virginia locationsSeptember 2013 to June 2014
• Managing an itinerant teaching position at 2 separate middle schools and 2 separate high schools
simultaneously in one academic year
• Effectively organizing my time traveling, planning, and diversifying lesson plans to meet the needs
of 4 separate groups of students
• Offering opportunities after school for reteaching of difficult concepts
• Effectively managing students in various school and classroom climates
• Diversifying instruction to meet the needs of individual students
self-employed - Paris
August 2011 to August 2013
• Maintaining and acquiring international students from around the world while studying at the Sorbonne
in Paris, France.
• Creating individualized lessons to meet the needs of a diverse group of learners.
• Improving conversational English through the use of authentic materials
Bachelor of Arts in Education & French
Hope College - Holland, MI
September 1988 to July 1992
• MS OFFICE
• Writing Skills
• Classroom Management
• French - Fluent
Certifications and Licenses
TEFL Certificate (2020)
Commonwealth of Virginia / Collegiate Professional License
July 2019 to July 202
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$40||$40|
|5 hours||Not available||$145||$200|
|10 hours||Not available||$300||$400|