My name is Bridget and I am a Junior at Georgia Institute of Technology majoring in Chemical Engineering. I have taken advanced courses in calculus, chemistry, computer science and engineering and earned top grades. I graduated in the top 5 in my class from Elwood John Glenn High School.
I have tutored high school students in math, chemistry, biology, physics, earth science, US and World history and SAT Prep. I also have much experience with Regents and SAT II prep for many of these subjects. I have also tutored younger elementary age students in math and reading. In addition to a learning environment, I have experience working with kids in a variety of environments. I worked as a tennis instructor at West Hills Day Camp in summer 2014. I also worked particurally with kids in the Gersh Academy, a special program for children with special needs, that was a part of West Hills Camp; I have experience being patient and observant to children's individual needs. I worked as a group leader at The Town of Huntington's Project Play Summer Program for underprivileged youth summers 2015 and 2016. I really love helping students learn more, achieve their potential, and gain confidence in themselves. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Bridget A. Leighton
11 Warner Court Huntington, NY
(concealed information) (concealed information)
Education Expected Graduation Date: May 2019
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia
- Candidate for BS in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering with a concentration in Biotechnology
-GPA 3.79 (Attained Faculty Honors)
Elwood John H. Glenn High School
-National AP Scholar and National Merit Scholarship Finalist
Academic Tutor 2013-2016
- Worked tutoring high school age and elementary school students in subjects ranging from math, science, SAT prep, Reading and History
-Worked Babysitting for local children as young as 3, experience with twins, including driving/ picking children up
Intern for Yokogawa Corporation of America (YCA) 2017-Present
-Worked in sales support directing customers both in person and over the phone with product help
Supercapacitor Research 2016
-Worked under professor Jud Ready researching and producing CNT Supercapacitors
Georgia Tech Junior STEM Club 2015-Present
- Planned demonstrations and events to teach children about science
Project Play Program for Underprivileged Youth Summer 2015-2016
- Worked as a day camp counselor at a free program for financially deprived minority children
- Responsible for being a leader and thinking quickly to maintain children’s safety and happiness
West Hills Day Camp: Tennis Instructor Summer 2014
- Worked teaching children of all ages to play tennis, and worked as a bus counselor supervising and keeping children safe on the way to and from camp
-Worked with children in the autism spectrum in camp’s special Gersh Academy Program
Grand Challenges Problem Solving Living Learning Community 2015-Present
- Selected to be in a Georgia Tech program geared towards free thought and collaboration
- Work in teams with other students to research, design, and implement self-designed research projects
Georgia Tech Student Government Association (SGA) 2016-Present
Georgia Tech Student Center Programs Council (SCPC) 2015-Present
- Selected to be a committee member and helped to plan, advertise and run campus wide events
Communication: Leadership, Teaching, Caregiving, Teamwork
Language: English, Conversational French
Music: Clarinet, Marching Band, Voice and Piano
Computers: Programming: Basic Matlab and VPython, Process Automation Experience
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|