For my classroom mathematics tutoring, I typically utilize classwork, homework, quizzes, and tests for lessons. I have current clients that range from the 8th grade through 12th grade, and I have experience tutoring at all age and skill ranges from the 6th grade through sophomores in college.
For my standardized test preparation tutoring of the math sections, I utilize a diagnostic test in conjunction with a self-written test prep guide with over 200 questions and answers.
For my English and Writing students, I take an individual approach based on the needs of the specific client. I do not have one single approach for these students as the students' needs vary drastically in this section as compared to my other services.
I am an engineering student at Vanderbilt University with 2.5 years of experience and many satisfied clients. I have taught over a dozen clients, most of whom worked with me for a year or longer as I love to work with clients and fuel their growth in their chosen subject matter. All of my clients have achieved A's in their classes or seen improved scores on their standardized tests.
My standardized test preparation tutoring is $60/hour.
Nashville Math Tutoring Services
- Started my own tutoring business primarily focused on mathematics tutoring
- Grew my client base while expanding my subject offering
- Included additional math subjects in mid-2017
- Created a self-designed ACT Math section prep curriculum in early 2019
- Added English and Reading tutoring in mid-2019
- Incorporated online tutoring to grow my client base further and explore tutoring opportunities around the world
- Marketed my services heavily in China and India
- Vanderbilt University
- Projected Spring 2020 graduate with a Major in Engineering Science and Minor in Engineering Management
- Vice President of the Actuarial Science Club
- TA for ENGM 3100: Finance and Accounting for Engineers
ADDITIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Actuarial Intern at Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation
- Worked with departments across the world to compile the data necessary to create pricing models for a line of insurance products
- Utilized Excel to isolate and analyze problematic insurance claiming behavior
Vanderbilt Accelerator Summer Business Institute
- Created targeted, forward-thinking business strategies for Deloitte, Haven, Maxx Content, and Google Fiber
Intern Economic Researcher at Laffer Associates
- Completed a project focused on the ratio of producers to users in the US economy and the impact of that ratio on GDP, income per capita, unemployment, and welfare spending
MBA All Sports Camp Counselor
- Mentored and led a group of 15-20 elementary school children
- Coached them through a variety of sports with a positive attitude
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$40||Not available||$40|