Everything about learning a second language is relational and personal. Not only do you have to learn it through interacting with other people, but you learn language best when it is taught according to your own interests. The beauty of language is that it can be learned through almost any topic or activity, and I always keep this in mind in my lessons.
I am a licensed teacher in secondary English Language Arts and English as a Second Language, but ESL/EFL has always been my passion. I have given ESL/EFL lessons to elementary, middle, and high school students as well as to adults, both in the US and overseas. I have both tutored individually and taught in a large-group public school setting.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
MAT English Language Arts, English as a Second Language (2018-2019)
B.A. English, Linguistics, minor in Korean (2014-2018)
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
Standard Professional 1: Certified Secondary English Language Arts (August 2019)
North Carolina Department of Public Instruction
English as a Second Language Add-On (K-12)
Teaching English as a Foreign Language (September 2017)
International TEFL Academy
Young Learners and Business English Add-On
Student Teacher, East Chapel Hill High School, Chapel Hill, NC (August 2018-May 2019)
• Observed veteran English Language Arts and English as a Second Language teachers in a classroom setting
• Prepared, taught, and receives cooperating teacher and supervisor feedback on original lessons for Honors English III, Honors English IV, and ESL II courses (110 students total)
Online English Instructor, English Learning Institute, Chapel Hill, NC (June-August 2017)
• Taught classes via live video stream to middle school and high school students in China
• Instructed students in various areas including reading, writing, listening, and speaking for beginning to advanced levels
English as a Second Language Tutor, Durham, NC (January-August 2017)
• Provided ESL support for Korean-American kindergarten private school student in danger of being held back from first grade
• Communicated with teacher to ensure that student is performing at grade level for Common Core reading, writing, and math skills
English as a Second Language Volunteer, Culbreth Middle School, Chapel Hill, NC (January-May 2017)
• Volunteered in both an ESL math class and a newcomers’ ESL class on a bi-weekly basis
• Ensured that students in the newcomers’ class were able to complete their daily warm-up and blog posting exercises by helping them with basic grammar and spelling skills
• Worked alongside the teacher in the math class to keep students on track and provide assistance in completing eighth grade algebra
English as a Foreign Language Tutor, Chengdu, Sichuan, China (August 2016)
• Met individually with six middle and high school students 1-2 hours a day to help them practice basic English conversation skills
• Structured lessons around public transportation, asking directions, ordering food, talking about pop culture, and other daily activities
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking writing expression - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$17|