My teaching approach is entirely learner centered. I put in effort to understand what you want to express through body language, an understanding of your "native" tongue, your interests, and so on. I believe that it is MY responsibility to understand what YOU are trying to communicate—not the other way around.
I am an English teacher and general "do gooder"! I have worked with international students to write essays for classes and graduate school admissions, teachers and learners in South Africa to improve their confidence in oral/aural English, and I currently teach ESL classes to children located in China every morning.
I travel using the T. If you are located outside of the T system, the rate for travel can increase depending on the cost of rideshare availability.
Education & Certification
UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH Pittsburgh, PA
Philosophy, B.A. Graduated April 29, 2018
120-hour TEFL/TESOL Certificate BridgeTEFL
To verify this certification, please visit (concealed information) and enter my
certificate number: (concealed information)
English as a Second Language Teacher July 2017 – Current
• Lead thirty-minute ESL lessons 6 days a week to children aged 4 - 12 in a virtual classroom platform
• Adapt pre-planned lessons to students’ individual emotional needs in real time
• Communicate to parents about learner performance through daily feedback
SCHOOLHOUSE Brookline, MA
Pod Teacher September 2020 – March 2021
• Lead 6.5-hour third grade pod sessions focused on addressing social-emotional needs and exploring nature
• Encouraged collaboration through teacher-mediated inquiry and suggestions
• Followed health and safety protocols for operating during the COVID-19 Pandemic
PEACE CORPS KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Primary School Teacher July 2018 – March 2020
• Engaged with school staff in conversations about improving collaboration among staff and learners in the school
• Improved the confidence of learners in 5th & 6th grade English as a Second Language and 7th grade Technology classes
• Curated a Safe Space for learners and staff to feel comfortable to express themselves creatively and connect with others through dialogue
• Collected learner performance data, reflected on my work, and presented my findings to Peace Corps South Africa staff–oftentimes my feedback was critical of myself and the Peace Corps
JUMPSTART - AMERICORPS Pittsburgh, PA
Corps Member Volunteer September 2017 – April 2018
• Served 12 hours every week – 7 hours helping out in a preschool classroom and 5 hours planning curriculum
• Collaborated with 5 team members to plan reading sessions, social activities, and enriching hands-on experiences
• Supervised children and facilitated healthy social-emotional skills through modeling healthy interactions
UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH
Teaching Assistant Pittsburgh, PA
• Assisted supervisors as a teaching assistant 10-15 hours a week during the semester for the following three undergraduate research-based labs:
o Honors Organic Chemistry: Structure of Antibiotics Spring 2016
o Foundations of Biology II: Spider Behavior Fall 2015
o Foundations of Biology II: DNA Disease and Regulation Fall 2015
• Prepared materials and protocols for class, held office hours, and co-developed lab curriculum.
PITT DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES - Pittsburgh, PA
Undergraduate Researcher May 2015 – April 2016
• Co-wrote three published manuscripts related to spider behavior (listed on my LinkedIn profile).
• Obtained basic data analysis and modeling skills, maintained laboratory chores, attended weekly hour-long meetings, and developed scientific presentations for departmental meetings.
• Earned an Undergraduate Research Mentor Fellowship May – 2016 to mentor a first-year undergraduate researcher to develop research, abstract writing, and presentation skills.
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$15||$15|