I base my classes on enjoying them so that more learning can be done and my students will enjoy coming to class. I try and focus classes around topics of interest
I have 4, going on 5 years of teaching experience. I spent my summer tutoring students ages 5-8. I have my teaching certification in grades Pre-K to 2nd and my Special Education Certification and Masters. I try and make my lessons fun and engaging so that students look forward to our time together. I feel that if my students are enjoying their work they will enjoy the wonderful process of learning.
I believe with my experience I will be able to offer a lot of support and meaningful lessons and conversations
Education and Licensure
Fairfield University, Fairfield, CT
Master and Certification in Special Education Expected: August 2020
Wheaton College, Norton, MA May 2016
Bachelor of Arts Degree, Majors in Early Childhood Education and Psychology
Massachusetts Initial Teaching License- Early Childhood: Students with or without disabilities, PreK-2
● Sheltered English Immersion (SEI) Endorsement
3 season athlete, captain of cross country team and indoor and outdoor track and field teams, 2x National Championships qualifier, received various athletic awards, All-Academic Team (2016)
Brunswick School. Assistant Teacher (K and 2nd Grade). Greenwich, CT.
September 2018-August 2020
● Attended weekly meetings with all 2nd grade teachers for lesson planning
● Taught phonics small group with differentiated instruction
● Worked in small math groups with boys biweekly to practice learned math concepts
● Met weekly with 2nd grade assistant teachers to collaborate and plan Social Studies units
● Helped with the after-school program for boys grades Pre-K to 4t
● Created and led an afterschool cartoon and comic book club
● Attended seminar on Ruler training
● Assisted in report card writing
● Participated in parent-teacher conferences
● Correct homework and any written work in class
● Met weekly with Head of School and all Kindergarten teachers to plan
● Taught math following Everyday Math program
● Assessed students in Math and conferenced with parents about math assessments
● Planned and taught science using Foss Science curriculum
● Implemented PAF Handwriting once a week in small groups
● Taught small group phonics
● Created and implemented interactive morning meetings
The Zola School. English Teacher (Ages 3, 4, 5 and First of Primary). Madrid, Spain.
September 2016- June 2018
● Created and taught English lessons for hour-long classes 3x a week to Native Spanish speaking students
● Taught students phonics using the British Council program, Jolly Phonics
● Traveled extensively during weekends and school holidays (12 countries, 29 cities)
L.G. Nourse School. Practicum and Student Teaching (Grades K and 2nd). Norton, MA.
September 2015-April 2016
● Taught phonics using Fundations and, Reading Street programs and math using My Math
● Created and taught lessons, centers, and units in English Language Arts, Math, and Science
● Experienced RTI (Response to Intervention), IEP accommodations, and exposed to differentiated learning
● Attended grade level meetings, intervention meetings, parent teacher conferences
Robert College Summer Camp Counselor, Istanbul, Turkey.
June 2015-August 2015
● 1 of 4 awarded a highly competitive Wheaton College grant to travel to Istanbul and be a lead counselor in RC Summer camp for Turkish speaking children ages 7-14
● Created art and community service projects for children
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$40||$40|