I am passionate about education and believe that learning is a collaborative process. I have many different teaching experiences, so I'm flexible to your needs. My lessons can be tailored to fit your learning style, I'm happy to give and receive feedback with students to ensure their best learning!
I am very passionate about psychology, so I hope I can help my students overcome difficulties to discover their passions as well.
I graduated with honors with a B.A. in Psychology, a field that remains my passion. I served as an advanced abnormal psychology Teaching Assistant, providing help for students in clarifying and applying psychological concepts, helping students write and edit papers, and even grading for introductory and advanced courses.
Though my teaching experiences focus in introductory and Abnormal/Clinical psychology, I have extensively studied Social and Cognitive/Neuroscience.
Lewis & Clark College Portland, OR
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology –– magna cum laude
Minnesota Reading Corps, Americorps (Minneapolis, MN)
Scholar Coach, Nellie Stone Johnson Elementary School
* Provide individual reading interventions for non-proficient students.
* Assist classroom teacher in science, social studies, math, language arts, and core instruction for a Spanish-speaking third grade class.
Psychiatric Health (Portland, OR)
* Edited and formatted psychiatric case reports to distribute to students of this Advanced Abnormal Psychology course.
* Maintained office hours as well as scheduling flexibility for meeting with students and professor about upcoming assignments.
* Worked one-on-one with students to edit and format case reports.
* Edited and graded student work.
Student Academic Affairs Board (Portland, OR)
French Language Tutor
*Planned and implemented tutoring sessions most suited to individual needs.
South East Works (Portland, OR)
English Language and G.E.D. Tutor
* Created lesson plan for one-on-one sessions with non-native English speakers.
* Worked one-on-one with G.E.D. students, in all subjects, at all levels, to improve their knowledge base as well as confidence in their abilities.
psychology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest general knowledge lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, current events lessons for all!
Taking art history lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|