I am willing to try different methodologies, materials, etc. I will listen to your linguistic goals and concerns, and make suggestions. When *I* am the student, I want to focus heavily on listening in the beginning, and I want to use materials made by native speakers for native speakers, such as songs, TV commercials, etc. I have various materials such as videos at my Youtube channel and many exercises at my Quia site.
* taught ESL at University of Texas at El Paso 1994>1998
* taught ESL and ran ESL lab at a private school for adults in Houston, Texas from 2000>2005
* taught ESL at Auburn University from 2007>2017
otherwise & in-between, taught ESL:
* at various community colleges
* at universities
* at private language-schools for adults
* I have taught speakers of languages from all around the world (Arabic, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Turkish, Russian, Vietnamese, Thai, etc.).
* Hablo castellano más o menos. (I speak Castillian more or less.)
* Eu posso entender um pouco de Português. (I can understand a little Portuguese.)
* Ich könnte ein bisschen Deutsch verstehen. (I might understand a little German.)
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, listening comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking accent reduction - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$19|