My lessons are student-centered. I listen to a student's needs and respond accordingly. I have taught all levels and enjoy helping in any area: reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
I have been teaching for 14 years. I have taught one on one, in the classroom with an average of 20 students, and virtually with 50 students. The most satisfying aspect of teaching is seeing beginners communicate with more confidence.
STACY L. TOMLINSON
2601 S. Linley Ct. Denver, CO| (720) (concealed information)
Skilled and patient ESL instructor dedicated to creating an enjoyable, inviting, and dynamic learning atmosphere. Implements traditional and innovative methods to motivate students to learn the English language and understand American culture.
• Native north American speaker
• CELTA Certificate
• 14 years as an ESL instructor
• Culturally sensitive
• Proficient in creating lesson plans and maintaining schedules
• Extensive knowledge in English grammar
• MS Office proficiency
• CoTESOL member
Adjunct ESL Professor
Community College of Aurora – Aurora, CO 05/29/2018 - Present
• Have taught basic, intermediate, and advanced grammar, reading, and composition
• Participated in and completed Equity in Instruction Leadership Academy (EILA)
• Have tutored all levels in the Academic Learning Center
• Received certificate for Effective College Instruction through ACUE in June 2020
• Effectively transitioned to online classes during the COVID-19 pandemic
Berlitz Language Center – Denver, CO 04/2018 – 12/2019
• Worked one on one with a variety of international students
• Tutored children in elementary and middle school in their home
• Transitioned to additional in-home tutoring by word of mouth
Adult ESL Instructor 03/2006 - 08/2017
Colorado Heights University – Denver, CO
• Worked with an average of 20 students per class
• Taught all levels in reading, writing, listening, and speaking
• Gave one-on-one attention to each student while maintaining overall focus on group
• Developed and taught lessons on relevant non-fiction stories to promote conversation
• Emphasized critical thinking through small group activities
• Organized off-site cultural experiences
• Administered and graded tests and assignments to evaluate student progress
• Assigned homework and corrected quizzes, tests, and writing assignments
• Consistently received positive teacher evaluations from students
• Attended workshops to learn about student motivation and engaging learning activities
• Master of Education – English as a Second Language 02/2018 – 06/2018
Northcentral University – Scottsdale, AZ
• CELTA Certification – Bridge Linguatec – Denver, CO 02/2006 – 03/2006
• Bachelor of Arts – English with ESL emphasis
Colorado State University – Fort Collins, CO 1987 – 1991
Perfect! Stacy is a great teacher with a personalized approach. high professionalism, friendly atmosphere, make the learning process exciting and productive.
Lucy is such a hard worker! I am impressed with how she memorized so many irregular past tense verbs and past participles in just a week!
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|